We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical airport transfer costs.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
Save Topic
Typical airport transfer costs.

This year most people appear to be hiring cars from the airport. However, for those that require a taxi transfer, I think it would be useful to list the typical costs when using a local taxi firm.

The variations in price I have seen quoted on the internet are enormous. It is also worth stressing that in Greece you pay for the journey, not per person, and therefore if a number of people are sharing the taxi it can be quite economical.

From lourdataholidays.co.uk/airporttransfer.php I have found these charges which I think are typical (plus or minus €5.00).

Lourdas €30.00

Katelios €40.00

Skala €50.00

Sami €50.00

Agia Efimia €60.00

Assos €65.00

Fiskardo €80.00

I would expect most of the other local taxi firms to be very similar. I quote this one as I have used Makis for many years and found him reliable.

I hope someone will add to this for the shorter journeys from the airport such as Lassi and Argostoli. Then new visitors will have a good idea as to what they should be paying.

garedd-m.

Level Contributor
3,089 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical airport transfer costs.

Hi garred-m, last Sept we paid €15 from airport to Trentis in Lassi when we saw off our daughter.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,486 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical airport transfer costs.

Hi garred-m,

Good Idea to have them in one place

This is the company I use (without saying that they are good or bad as I don't know either way) when people ask for taxi costs.

http://www.kefaloniataxis.com/rates.html

Some other places

Xi -65€

Lassi and Argostoli 20€

Poros 55€

Svoronata 20€

Cheers

Bob

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical airport transfer costs.

I've added the link to the Top Question section so it doesn't get "lost" in the forums :)

4. Re: Typical airport transfer costs.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:15