We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Skala

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Skala

Hi!

Considering a last minute holiday to stay at the Apostolata hotel in Skala.

Never been to Kefalonia (Cephalonia) before!

Can't decide if I should book transfers or just book a taxi when we get there - any advice please?

If I book a taxi when we get there how easy it is to get one to go back and how much SHOUKD I expect to pay?

Many thanks in advance.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

A taxi from the airport into Skala is 50 euro each way (well it was in May). It really depends on how much the tour operators are asking for the transfer price and whether you consider it worth paying a bit extra to get there quicker.

It's really easy to book for your return - just walk down to the taxi rank in Skala (near Metaxa beach bar) and ask one of the taxi drivers to book you in. They've never let us down yet.

I do have details of the driver we tend to use in Skala if you want me to message it to you later?

Regards

Tracey

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Yes €50 each way to Skala.

Transfers aren't a lot cheaper to be honest so I'd stick with a taxi which you can pick up outside the airport no problem.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

That's great thanks - I've been quoted £120 for private transfers or £148 for shared transfers!!!!! There's 3 of us. Sounds like a taxi is a better option.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 10:17
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Yes Tracey - if we get booked I will get back to you.

Any thoughts on the hotel I'm looking at? It's our 25th anniversary - we will be going to Gleneagles then home one day then straight back off - so lots of celebrating!

Thinking of taking the AI option - something I would NEVER consider in Greece but thinking since it doesn't cost an awful lot more it might be worth it for the convenience and we can still go into town to eat out when we want to.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Lots of celebrating sounds good!!

David at Lourdata holidays has quite kindly helped arranging our taxi pick up from the airport the last couple of times we've been and we've had no problems at all. The driver has been waiting in arrivals with our name displayed as soon as we've collected our luggage. The link is lourdataholidays.co.uk/airporttransfer.php

Sorry I can't help with the hotel as we always stay more central to town and just B&B or self catering. I'm sure someone on here will be able to assist though.

Get it booked - you are celebrating after all!!

Regards

Tracey

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Lol! I think we will - we are just waiting to see if we can hire a yacht to go around the islands but as its so short notice looks unlikely - this option seems more likely. As I said never been to Kefalonia before, only Rhodes and Corfu and Greek mainland. Have no idea what to expect but I love Greece so I'm sure it will be lovely anyway.

Thanks for your help Tracey.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Have you thought about hiring a car

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Well hiring a car makes sense - and under normal circumstances that's exactly what we would do, however this will be a quick 7 days away for total rest and relaxation - so we are aiming to be very lazy!

I've no doubt we will fall in love with the place and return another time though!

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

These past recent threads may help you with info on the hotel ??

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189457-i1615-k7…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…55373237

AI may be the best option given the hotels location and distance from Skala should you decide to stay and eat in the hotel. Although there is a transfer bus to and from the hotel into Skala

Check the hotels website out - http://apostolata.gr/

Edited: 22 July 2014, 15:16
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport to Skala

Thanks miss chief - and all who helped!

Yes I had already looked at the reviews etc - lol I would NEVER book anything without looking first - it's part of the fun of the holiday for me!

So just over one week and we go off to Gleneagles then home a couple of days to unpack and repack and back off to the airport to go to Kephalonia!!!, JUST BOOKED!!! Yipeeeeee.