We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions Please!!

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions Please!!

Hi we would love to go to Corfu next Summer, and take our 8 year old son. Can anyone suggest a good hotel/apartment that is near the lively towns where there is plenty to do and with watersports, somewhere near Kavos would be ideal. I have searched on almost all the travel agents websites but cant seem to find one that stands out from the rest. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions Please!!

HI Netty38,

personally I would,t take an eight year old to Kavos out of choice, try Sidari, or ST Stephenous [n] they are much more family orientated resorts with, plenty to do and a good choice of accomodation

May I suggest you look at [ Agni gr ] webb site for info on all resorts, and appartments, nearer the time you plan to visit look at [greece cancellations] for good offers

We live on the island now, and we avoid Kavos like the plague in season, full of stag and hen parties like BLACKPOOL, although it is beautiful in the winter months

Roda, or Kassiopi are also well worth considering

happy holiday planning, its all part of the fun

Regards Kath

Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions Please!!

If you did want to stay at Kavos end of town, try Asprokavos !!

leicester
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions Please!!

hi netty38, we went both ends of the island this year sarari in the north and kovos in the south, sadari would be much better cleaner and not so many idiots if you know what i mean 18-30 lol. we stayed at the Trivizas Studios and Apartments brilliant place to stay on the quite side of sadari very nice on the cala de mor side, theos boat trip is a must if you go corfu, you carnt visit corfu without going on this trip hope you enjoy corfu

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions Please!!

I've been to Corfu about 9 times now and I'd advise anyone to avoid Kavos like the plague.

We drove into it one day, turned the car around and went again without ever getting out.

I wouldn't consider it a family resort, it's like what you see on those holiday uncovered programs.

Boston Lincs
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions Please!!

Hi Netty

Sidari is great, as Kevin said stay in the Canal D Amour area ( most hotels will say the distance if they are near here)

We stayed at the Kanali Studios overlooking one of the sandy coves in this area, I think they are with First Choice. Great hotel with friendly staff + great views !

Sidari is good for families, our son was 6 when we came + he loved it. Lively, but no yobs, as they all go to Kavos !

Happy hols !

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions Please!!

hi.

try kontokali bay-very close to corfu town.www.kontokalibay.com

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions Please!!

I have been to Corfu 3 times think i have done my stint there now why dont you try Rhodes Its a beautiful island Pefkos is a real family resort in Rhodes.

The last time we were in Corfu we stayed in Dassia that a nice resort but i would say more for couples Sidari is very commerlized as i think alot of Corfu is now.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions Please!!

only been to corfu once,stayed at acharvavi but spent all our time in roda which is lovely and would strongly reccomend.enjoy.

REDDITCH
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions Please!!

hi. i have been going to corfu for a few years now and i always go to the same place. my daughter is ten this year and she never gets board of the place. its called cavo bianco hotel . its in st peters just outside of kavos, about a 15 min walk. some travel agents class it as part of kavos though. its an all inclusive place which is right on the beach. the sea is calm and has a sand bank wich you can walk out to. the rooms are not to bad and are set in gardens.there are day time activitys for adults and kids and shows ,kids hour , quizes and other things for the evening entertainment. the pool is large and there are 2 kids pools. yor son would soon make friends.also on the beach you can hire jet skis and other things. if you want to find out more look on ;www.otbeach.com . thats where i have booked my holiday to cavo for next year. hope this is some help. ellieanne

wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions Please!!

I would suggest Sidari also. Beautiful in the day and busy enough at night for you and an 8 year old. We stayed at Socrates in the canal d'mour area years ago. Its a minute away from the beach and a short but lovely walk into sidari, with amazing resturants along the way. lovely place, dont know what its like now though but i'd love to go back.