We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help- - - where did we go?!?

wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help- - - where did we go?!?

Does anyone have a clue where me and my partner ended up?

We stayed in Sidari (wonderful) around 4 years ago. One day we went for a bike ride to sunset beach, we decided to cary on away from Sidari through a lovely greek village which there was a beautiful church up high. We went up to the church and you could see the sea and an island (i think).

Then we carried on trough more villages, and lots of olive trees, still on the road.

Then what seemed like hours later in the baking sun we climbed masive steep hills, still following the road.

Then to our amazement, we reached the end and we were overlooking the most beautiful beach. The sea was amazingly warm and shallow. The beer from the beach bar was amazingly refreshing!

The thing is, we now have a young child and would love to take him either to sidari or to where ever that beach was. Could it have been San tephanos?

Please help

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,811 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help- - - where did we go?!?

Most likely is Ag. Stefanos, or possibly Arillas about a mile further on.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
886 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help- - - where did we go?!?

Hi Sue3anne,

It sounds like you had a wonderful, but exhausting day!

The church you speak of could be the church in Avliotes which is approx 3km N.E of San Stephanos.

San Stephanos is most ikely the beach you visited, it is shallow for a good way out making it very safe for children. There is a little play area on the beach too....very conveniently located in front of the beach bars!

For further information on San Steph' take a look at the following two websites....

www.sanstefanos.co.uk

www.san-stefano.gr/

You will find details of private accommodation should you wish to book independently, or for a package holiday there are details of the tour operators with accommodation in San Stephanos.

We always stay in Arillas but regularly take our young grandson along to San Stephanos beach for a change of scene. If you want to check out Arillas take a look at the following website..... www.arillas.com It is a lovely walk over the cliff path from San Steph' to Arillas.

You must of course go back to Avliotes to rekindle your memories, but this time you must stop in Ilias Taverna. Ilias taverna is the perfect spot from where to watch all the goings on in this lively village. There is a lovely little playground on the low level car park in front of the taverna...beside another church with marvellous inland views!

Happy holidays and let us know if you do decide to go back to Corfu!

Arillas.

wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help- - - where did we go?!?

Too right it was exausting, it only took about 10 mins to get back as it was all down hill!

Thanks so much for all your help!

I hope we do get there, but may be in 2009 (cyprus nxt yr to get married)

I will check out those web sites and save all your recomendations.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
886 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help- - - where did we go?!?

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. If I had my time again I would definitely head abroad too!!!

We have two wedding party's staying with us next year, coincidently both weddings are being held in San Stephanos.

All the very best,

Arillas.

5. Re: Help- - - where did we go?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Corfu
Recent Conversations