We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family friendly boat trip

Malvern, England...
5 posts
Save Topic
family friendly boat trip

We are going to Corfu for the first time in a few weeks, stopping at the Louis hotel in Alykes Potamos. We would love to do a boat trip but the reviews for them seem very varied and I'm not sure if all of them would be suitable - we are a couple with three children aged 6 years, 3 years and 8months. Can anybody recommend a trip?

Thanks

Mary

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: family friendly boat trip

Do be very careful with your two young children [sun, and sea ]and little shade // would not go on beach barbi trips for same reason

on land plenty of shade , and access to cold drinks

short , boat trips to vidos island from corfu town, maybe this would be good option for this year

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family friendly boat trip

Mary

I agree with 'moonpig' as boats are renowned for causing sunburn problems far more than the beach does. The sun's effects are intensified by reflecting off the water but you don't notice because of the fresh breeze.

Also bear in mind that in the loveliest sunny weather the sea often gets extremely choppy after mid-day due to 'sea breezes' springing up. As an ex-sailing enthusiast I wouldn't want to be in charge of 3 children of those ages for those reasons, Sorry but my advice is leave the boat trips for a few years !

Do some land trips instead as you will see much more of the beautiful island.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family friendly boat trip

I think last time we were in Corfu I saw a mini submarine trip advertised, maybe this could be an option?

Malvern, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: family friendly boat trip

Those are some of the things I was concerned about, as well as the photos of drunken teenagers! When we've been on holidays to other places we've been able to have short (1 hour or so) round trips on big boats with plenty of shade, so was hoping to maybe do something like that. Will maybe try to pick up a coach trip round the island or something, I'm not sure about hiring a car and I'm assuming a taxi wouldn't have car seats for the boys (unless you can tell me otherwise?)

Thanks for the help.

york
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family friendly boat trip

Our boys really enjoyed the yellow submarine glass bottom boat trip in paleo it's only about an hour but good fun , not sure if they still do it but may be worth a look.

Malvern, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: family friendly boat trip

Thanks

7. Re: family friendly boat trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Corfu