We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Have just booked flights for last two weeks in August. 1st time in Corfu but not Greece.

I'm a single widowed dad travelling with 14yr old twins looking for probably self catering accomodation as like to try different restaurants etc; but don't know where on the island to look as most of it looks great (except Kavos perhaps)

Wanting somewhere not too loud but family friendly and not remote, have a particular interest in Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) and nature photography including underwater so basically looking for an area with good snorkelling and nice and green so plenty of 'beasties' to observe and photograph. We enjoy a good countryside walk too and may hire a car for a few days if funds allow.

Not interested in nightclubs but nice friendly Tavernas with good value food and decent beer a bonus. Kids love swimming and both swim like fish so Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Edited: 18 June 2012, 01:15
Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Hi Steve - take a look at Roda on http://www.rodaonline.org/ - great place for all age groups and a very safe environment.

The whole of Corfu is a haven for wildlife and Roda is a good base from which to explore. Over the years I've posted lots of pics of the things I find as I wander around the area - especially in spring. Many of the beasties retreat from the villages a little when the first tourists arrive, but they don't go far. I've no knowledge of snorkeling, but there are some people in Acharavi, just a couple of minutes away, who do. See http://www.divecorfu.com/.

Steve

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Roda Sidari Arillas all perfect for you

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

http://www.allcorfu.com/ou-beaches.html

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Have a look at Agios Gordios on the West coast, only a short journey time from Corfu Town.

http://www.agios-gordios.net/

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Hi Steve, I can't recommend Kassiopi and Theofilos Apartments highly enough. There is enough going on there to keep your teenagers amused but it isn't "over the top" British - there are too many lovely places to eat to mention. I felt totally secure allowing mine to have some freedom during the day, it all feels very safe. These apartments are so friendly and right on the beach - perfect. Vivi (one of the owners) is a wealth of knowledge about where to go and more than happy to help you. There are great walks to be had, and if you have a car you are in the most beautiful spot - just head up the coast towards Agni/Kalami for the bluest water and most spectacular scenery. We hired a boat for a couple of days and the children (similar age to yours) spent hours snorkelling and swimming off the boat in coves we could never have reached otherwise. Wherever you end up, have a really wonderful holiday. I would, however, say that the North East of Corfu is ideal for you, really it is heavenly !

Edited: 19 June 2012, 20:54
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Forgot the link !

http://www.theofiloskassiopi.com/

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Thanks so much for all your advice, Still undecided but plenty of options and confident of a good break wherever we end up. May leave it till nearer the time to perhaps get a last minute deal. (less spent on apartment/more spending money). Thanks again everyone.

home
Level Contributor
716 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Hiya,

Have you had a look at Gouvia? I am travelling with my teenager daughter in July and i looked at every resort and decided on the Spriti Prifiti Apartments. Have a look on their website and the reviews on TA they are excellent. I hope this helps.

Nikki

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

Thanks everyone, I think I've decided on the 'Haroula' apartments, apparently in a quiet part of Sidari. Seem good value at just over £400 for 2 weeks in a 2 bed apt. Anybody have any opinions before I take the plunge and book. (there still seems plenty of available choice for late August)

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which part of Corfu is best for us.

was worth waiting a while for price reductions. now booked haroula for 10 nights at a good price (£250) and looking for 4 nights near corfu town as would like to explore that area for a few days at the end of our hol, looking at perama as its within easy reach of corfu town and the airport. Any views on Haroula in sidari or thoughts about Perama from the experts ???