We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort & hotel suggestions

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Resort & hotel suggestions

Hi there, I'm hoping for some advice on which town/village/resort to choose for this years September holiday.

We have stayed in Lakka in Paxos for the last 2 years but have decided we need to mind the pennies a wee bit this year.

We love Lakka in the evenings although we have found that taverna's closed a bit earlier in September and the only thing lacking was a bit of entertainment in the evenings at the bars.

We enjoyed tabbing around Paxos during the day by foot, moped or boat and absolutely adore snorkelling.

In a hotel we'd be looking for a kitchenette, pool, balcony/terrace, near to village and beach.

Any suggestions forumites?

I think I've got the shortlist down to San Stefanos, Kassiopi, Paleokastritsa, Aghios Gordios & Arillas from your previous posts.

manchester
Level Contributor
464 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

Hi Nardine,

Your shortlist resorts are all good choices, personally I would go with sans Stefanos Northwest, there is a thread just down the page/s from yours entitled 'which resort' in the Corfu forum by the poster 'Travelfan' which you have probably read but if not take a look. Also have a look at 'virtual tour sans stefanos,bliss' for a tour around the lovely beach and village. We have stayed in SS mid September and everything was still up and running. There is Greek dancing in some of the taverna's of an evening, barbeques at various taverna's/hotels and everyone is welcome and entertainment on at some of the bars too.

Some lovely walks through the olive groves and over the headland where there are another two taverna's with amazing views over the ocean. Vehicle hire is available also and you can hire a boat from Sans Stefanos travel to explore the lovely coastline. The beach is sandy with some taverna's looking out over the beach (more taverna's in the village itself), the sea is lovely and clear so perfect for snorkelling.

Thomsons have a few hotels but mostly self catering apartments, Thomas cook have some apartments too. Sans stefanos is an ideal place for a self catering holiday due to the lovely array of great taverna's.

If you are thinking of booking an independent holiday, then take a look at ' Corfu selections' who have some lovely accomodations in SS and other resorts in Corfu too, very reasonably priced and contact details on their website for any questions that you may have.

Hope this helps, if you need anymore info then please ask away.

Edited: 20 February 2013, 12:59
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

Thanks roseyManchester.

I did read that thread, it helped get SS to the shortlist. I'll surely take a look at the virtual tour as well.

We're quite happy with a package holiday, we'd prefer an apartment as we like the independence, I don't want to be hassled by hotel/reception staff every 5 minutes.

We stayed in Bastas in Lakka and it was perfect for us as it had all of our above requirements, just 2 star but it was fine, after all we only use it to sleep in and start "cocktail hour" off on the balcony.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

hi Nardine.. pardon my ignorance and this may be a silly question... what is "tabbing " ??

Edited: 20 February 2013, 13:50
manchester
Level Contributor
464 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

Yes I agree about preferring an apartment to an hotel and also about using the apartment just to sleep in, if it is clean then that will do for us, we like to be out and about and never spend much time in the apartment.

Tsaros apartments/studios are the best we have stayed in, very spacious, lovely pool/bar serving drinks/snacks, brilliant views over SS and wonderful owners who are there if you need them, it is up a very short but steep hill but not a problem unless you have mobility issues.

Good luck searching for your holiday.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

Nardine,

I won't bore you going into further details about Arillas and repeating everything that's been said already. As you say Arillas is on your shortlist; it's also very easy to find information on TA and elsewhere on the net.

As you are on a budget this year you might want to send me a pm so that I can send you a list of private and locally owned accommodation - ideal for those times when having to travel on a budget.

Arillas.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

ontourUK I suppose you could call it a colloquialism..... Just means "getiing around"

RoseyManchester - It's nice to know other people are on your wavelength, helps to be able to get good avice, I'll check out Tsaros thanks.

Arillas - Thank you for your time, I'l pm you.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

hi Nardine, I haven't heard that before even though I'm not far away in Leicestershire! We are going to Messonghi in May, next door to Moraitika. Second trip there and we have totally fallen in love with the place! We self-cater as well, it's by far the best way IMO. Galini Beach Apartments are RIGHT on the beach so no pool for us !! Wherever you choose, I hope you have a lovely time.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 14:47
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

So what's Messonghi like ontourUK, pretty quiet? I don't want to sound like an old fart cos I'm really not!! But does it have night clubs and such?

Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

Wanting to take the 2 adults 2 children to aquis capo di corfu lefkimi corfu end of may early June 2014 but can't find tour operator that goes and has family room monarch goes but only has twin rooms .Has anybody been and if so any suggestions to solve my dilemma .

Many thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort & hotel suggestions

You might want to consider booking your flights and accomodation separately.

Use Skyscanner to research flights... www.skyscanner.net

Book Aquis Capo Di Corfu direct.... http://www.aquisresorts.com/aquisresorts/