We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional corfu

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional corfu

We are looking for a nice sandy beach with some watersports, lovely Greek hospitaliity, traditional tavernas and not deserted. Have been to corfu three times years ago, first time to Moratika which was lovely, second to Kavos - horrendous mistake and lastly to Sidari which wasnt too bad but a bit touristy. Any ideas?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional corfu

Welcome to the Corfu Forum Jax38......

You could try: Arillas; San Stefanos North West or Roda

Have fun choosing.

Fi

Sheffield
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional corfu

Hi ,

I usually stay in kalami but this is on the northeast and has beautiful but pebble beach, my brother stayed at Agios Gordios and loved it he said there was some lovely tavernas and bars, also San stefanos, Aghios georgios north, Arilas-although can be quiet and there is also a sandy beach at paleokastrista-as well as a pebble one lots of water sports on offer here including diving and you can hire a boat for the day here. I really recommend you hire a car that way you can visit a few places during your stay, some beautiful villages inland to stop off at on route, and you get to see a few more places. Its not all like sidari or kavos- sorry if I offend anyone who likes these resorts, I do not and drive through them.

Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional corfu

Hello jax welcome,I would vigoriusly recommend Paleokastritsa for me the most beautiful place on the island and it also has a monastery.The restaurants here are some of the best and most traditional you will find on the island. Hope you have a super time which ever you choose :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
464 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional corfu

Hi Jax,

Take a look at Sans Stefanos North West, a lovely village with taverna's ( some doing Greek dancing of an evening) overlooking the bay and more in the village itself, also some lovely bars with entertainment. The beach is beautiful and sandy. Great walks through the olive groves or over the headland where you will find two more taverna's overlooking the bay with stunning views. The resort is not touristy at all and the villagers are very friendly and helpful all providing for a great atmosphere.

Google 'virtual tour sans stefano,bliiss' and see for yourself. There is also a dedicated forum where you can get info or ask questions regarding where to stay, eating out etc.

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional corfu

I would recommend Arillas or Paleo, they are my all time favourites. Didn't know there was a sandy beach at Paleo though. Where is it ?

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
302 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional corfu

Hi Jax

If you want sandy beaches then it has to be either the NW or West Coast areas. The NE and East Coasts are predominantly pebble or stone and not a lot of sand. There are a good number of villages to stay in, some mentioned above. What time of year are you planning on coming?

Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional corfu

Hello again jax below is a link for pictures of two of the finest sandy beaches on the island in Pelekas and Glyfada enjoy :-)

http://www.google.com/search?q=glyfada+and+pelekas+beaches&hl=en&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=hj1CUciBKOHs0gWLroCIAw&ved=0CFUQsAQ

Roda and archravi have nice sandy beaches too!!

Edited: 14 March 2013, 21:19
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional corfu

Got to side with Agios Gordios here, great sandy beach with very good Tavernas. Onlt 17 Kms from Corfu Town, a must, and very friendly. Check the site out below and have a mooch around the village.

http://agios-gordios.net/

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
673 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traditional corfu

Have alook at this website

http://www.greencorfu.com/

hopefully will give you some ideas on alternative things in Corfu

10. Re: Traditional corfu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:18