We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wasps

3 posts
Save Topic
Wasps

Hi heading to Corfu (ermones) in July and after reading so many issues about wasps we are both really worried!! I am absolutly terrified of them! It seams to be more of a problem in August/September time, how bad is July? Thanks

Save Reply
1. Re: Wasps

Would love a reply on this too I have a wasp phobia and should be going beginning August for 2 weeks help please!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wasps

Hi Abby and Dancingqueen....Welcome to the Corfu forum..

It is always difficult to predict, but the wasps are usually drawn to the ripening fruits in late August and September time. You will see them around, just like any other European country, but they are more docile than the ones we get in the UK.

As long as you don't flap your arms around like windmills at them, then they are more likely to ignore you!

Have a lovely holiday on this beautiful island of Corfu

Fi

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wasps

Thank you for the replies they have calmed my nerves a lot! Hopefully we won't have any issues and can enjoy our holiday, looking forward to visiting the island.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wasps

I hate wasps too. I seem to attract anything stinging-mossies too.

I used boots soltan suncream with insect repellant in, fingers crossed wasps have left me alone.

At night it's every concoction avail to deter the mozzies!

5. Re: Wasps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:18