We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer extended family - help of where to go

UK
Level Contributor
688 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
First timer extended family - help of where to go

Hello - we are booked to stay at the rou estate in ne corfu end of october with my husband n 2 year old, my 60 year old parents and my brother his wife 5 year old and 2 year old.

Having only been to corfu old down for a morning on a cruise last year we dont know anyone to ask about places/towns/sandy beaches etc - can you help?

We are likely to spend most time at the pool etc especially after reading the review of the road to the rou which is stressing my mum as doesnt like steep drops next to roads - but what villages/towns/harbours are nice? Are prams practical there? Best beach etc?

Many thanks!!!!

Claire

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer extended family - help of where to go

Claire, October , can be very wet, with warm days tossed in , but not really pool weather, although the sea is warm well into dec

Ideal for sight seeing , but the beaches, will be rather , empty, as the holiday season comes to an end in Corfu early

Hire a car, and visit places off the beaten track, see paliokastritsa, and Kassioppi

coach, and boat trips still running , sea trips dependent on the weather though in October

This is a very beautiful island , and you should have a great time....

2. Re: First timer extended family - help of where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:19