We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corfu and.......

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Corfu and.......

Hi All,

We will be returning to Greece in July to do a small cruise out of Corfu on the Adriatic. When we return we will have 6 nights before flying back to Australia from Athens and would love to explore the Ionians as much as possible. I've tried to research the Ferry routes but ( as usual) find them a little confusing.

What would be our best use of time ? Would mostly love to spend a night or two on Zakynthos but Ithaca and Kefalonia look great too.

Any suggestions much appreciated

ps. 2 adults and 2 teens ( husband speaks Greek)

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corfu and.......

The cureent transportation within the Ionian islands is not very good and today you will need to drive to Patras down to the port of Kyllini to get a ferry to Zakynthos. Kefalinia is connected to Lefkas with a small ferry from Vasiliki (south Lefkas) to Fiskardo (north Kefalinia). So you can drive from Igoumenitsa (after a 1 1/2 hour ferry from Corfu) and see Lefkas before heading to Kefalinia.. You could get a daily trip by boat to Ithaka , while in Kefalinia.

There is a possibility that next summer, there will be a plane connection by seaplanes that will restart flights between the islands, so keeep that in mind as well !!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corfu and.......

Hi there

I have replied to your PM...;0)

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Corfu and.......

Were it me I would use the opportunity to explore some of the beautiful mainland, including Ioannina and Meteora.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corfu and.......

I would second the trip to Meteora - we did it this year from Corfu and its stunning - as is the scenery on the drive there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corfu and.......

Thanks all,

Would love to see Meteora but we are hankering after some more Island time after brief but wonderful stays this year on Chios( my father in laws family) and Santorini.

It sounds like Ithaca and Kefalonia might do the trick ? Can we catch a ferry there from Corfu or do we have to drive from Igoumenitsa as per above ? Don't think we will be able to rent cars for just a few hours to plug in the gaps between Ferry's. How do people usually do that - bus ?

6. Re: Corfu and.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:18