We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Hello,

Quick question - is this hotel located within walking distance of shops / bars / restaurants etc?

I know it is sold on an All Inclusive basis but we also like to get out and about in the evening (with a pushchair) to explore the local area.

Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

The Kerkyra Golf is a very good Hotel, but it is isolated. Gouvia and Corfu Town are not far away, but may be a little far to walk of a night? Gouvia and Corfu Town are well served by Bus and Taxi, Corfu Town is extremely nice to walk around at night.

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

We were there a couple of years ago and you can walk into Gouvia, not far at all. Or you can catch the little train that takes you there. A few bars and gift shops and restaurants are there.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Sorry wrong island, it's Rhodes where the train comes to the hotel but you can walk into Gouvia where there are a few shops and bars. It's just a short walk out of the gate. The food at Korkyria is very good with lots of choices. We got one of the little bungalows in the garden and it was lovely. The beach is not really a beach, it's man made and there are steps down to it, more like a lake. The pool at the front of the building is very good with a kiddies area when you walk in, hope you enjoy it.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Mozy47.

I think you may be talking about the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel and not the Louis Kerkyra Golf Hotel? The Kerkyra Golf Hotel does not have any steps outside of the Hotel or any Bungalows in its grounds.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 14:47
UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Thanks, oh dear I'm really confused aren't I? Sorry

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Thanks both - just to confirm, walking to local bars and restaurants with a pushchair is not really achievable of an evening? Unfortunately due to the need for car seats etc taxis / buses are not an option.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

I would think both Corfu Town and Gouvia are around 3km away from the Kerkyra Golf Hotel?

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

Ok, thanks, yes a little to far for an evening stroll i think! Perhaps a resort for another year!

9. Re: Louis Family Resort (Louis Kerkyra Golf) - location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:19