We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
April

Hi

I hope this doesn't post twice , apologies if it does. I'm looking to spend a few days in Corfu from April 9th and not looking for anything lively. Would like somewhere with some bars and restaurants open though . I would be taking a relaxing break with some travelling round the island on public transport. Budget is important as I want to do it as cheaply as possible. Thanks for your help :)

Denmark
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April

Early April most of the restaurants in many resorts will not be open yet. Agios Gordis is a very nice and relaxing place.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April

Holiday resorts will be mostly closed up for the winter until at least Easter. I would suggest you stay in Corfu Town which is one of the most beautiful towns in Greece, and April will be a great time to be there without the hordes of summer visitors. It is also the hub for buses to other places, though the best way to explore would be to hire a car. There should be plenty of shops and restaurants open as it is a working Greek town with a year round population, in fact many locals who operate businesses in the summer resorts spend the winter in the town. You can explore the two forts (with great views), wander the little lanes and squares of the old town and go shopping in the new town. For relaxing you can't beat sitting in one of the cafes on the Liston with a coffee, reading the paper, playing backgammon or people-watching.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April

Corfu Town is definitely your best bet. We stayed 3 nights in Benitses and 7 nights in Corfu Town in April 2010. A beautiful month of the year, seeing Corfu at its sleepy best. Most resorts were "shut" with some tavernas open in some of the resorts on weekends. Ie Kassiopi and Paleokastritsa.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April

Thanks for your help everyone - I was thinking Corfu town would probably be the best as it's a working town rather than a holiday resort.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,365 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April

We were there for Easter few years ago and our holiday town was completely closed, not so much as a shop or bar open, so it would be wise to choose a working town. Corfu town itself was delightful.

6. Re: April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Corfu