We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

Level Contributor
129 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

Im just looking into a week in Corfu now. I have never been and we are thinking of going May 4th to 11th but we dont have a clue where to go. Ive been surfing the net for a day now and it seems that either Sidari or Acharavi seem to be most popular?

Where would be the best place to get an aptarthotel/apartment for a couple with a 3 year old boy? Wed like somewhere not too clubby/loud and near the beach would be great. Our budget is open.

Its looks beautiful there and we are getting excited now about a holiday!!

Thanks very much

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

My first choice would be Arillas but seeing as you have not asked about that I would say Sidari.

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

Should have said sorry that I don't think any resorts will be clubby and loud so early in the season. I just would not pick Acharavi as a resort with little ones. Just my opinion.

Level Contributor
464 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

You are asking for somewhere not to clubby/loud then take a look at Sans Stefanos North West, a beautiful sandy beach, family friendly, amazing taverna's and exceptionally friendly locals. To give you an idea of the resort then take a look at the website ' Sans stefanos,bliss' and take a virtual tour around the village and the beach and see what you think. Thomsons have many apartments and Thomas Cook also have a few apartments but if you are interested in a DIY holiday the go to the website of ' Corfu selections' who have some great apartments on offer at very reasonable prices and can advise on all aspects of your holiday. Sans stefanos North West is an ideal place for a family holiday and you will be made very welcome in this resort.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

Hi scon, having been to both Sidari & recently Acharavi last year, most definitely go to Sidari. May will not be too busy & there will be more things to do & see there. Also, more selection of restaurants & bars, although many will be quite quiet so more suitable for the 3 of you. Hope this helps you decide.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 08:30
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

Hi scon...... and Welcome to the Corfu Forum.........

As you are planning to go to Corfu early in the season, then I would have to agree with Scarletrugby and say Sidari.

The beach is long and the waters very shallow and if you buy some snacks and drink from some of the tavernas along the beach, then you can get sunbeds free, so that you can keep an eye on your little one. There are plenty of tavernas to choose from and your little one will be most welcome in all of them. Sidari is also flat, so walking around is easy. There is a small playground just on the start of the strip at the Canal D'Amour end too.

Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

Hi there,another vote for Sidari also.....been taking my 2 boys there since they were 5 & 1 yrs old (now 18 & 7).G8t resort for all ages & May is a luvly time to visit.

There is the main strip in Sidari that does get lively in the main summer months,but May will be much more relaxed & quieter.Maybe hav a look at staying in the Canal d'amour area of the resort that hav a fair few apts looking rite over the little coves & beaches there.Very scenic!!Also staying there,u'd be a short stroll to the main big beach & about 10/15 mins walk to the main strip.

Hav visited Acharavi for day trips a few times & whilst a nice resort with a g8t beach,I cudn't see us staying there for a hol,but like everything that's just my opinion.Lots more on offer in Sidari IMO.

Kassiopi is another nice resort & maybe worth looking into.Smaller than SIdari,with a luvly harbour with bars/tavernas surrounding it.Mainly pebble beaches thou,unless u go out of resort abit to nearest big sandy one called Kalamaki beach.Choices,choices!!!

Hav a gt time wherever u decide to go.To be fair,the whole of Corfu is luvly (wudn't choose Kavos personally lol !!),& we all hav our favs,but don't think u'll go far wrong with SIdari if u decide on that........

7. Re: 1ST time to Corfu - Sidari or Acharavi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:28