We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast/ hotel

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast/ hotel

Hi TA,

I have started some preliminary research on Corfu, as I am looking at a cruise that departs from there in June. We would arrive early to see and experience the island as much as possible. We generally prefer B&Bs, but after reading a few reviews, I realized that I don't know enough about how Corfu is laid out to make a good choice. The other factor is that our stay would probably be three days at most, and we are three people. While I see the availability of apartment-hotels, I wonder if they wouldn't want a less than week stay?

If you had limited time, where would you stay? We like the beach, but I wonder how warm it would be in mid June? We love strolling through villages and towns and sampling cuisine, but we really aren't shoppers. I am looking forward to seeing the Cathedral and local churches. Ideally, we would rely on taxis and our feet to get around, quality of experience more important than quantity, i.e. no real rushing around, just meandering.

I would be grateful for any and all opinions/ advice!

Thanks, Wills

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast/ hotel

I've only ever stayed at st George south which is on the otherside of the island to Corfu town where I'm assuming your cruise will be leaving from? It may be worth looking on a site like here or travel republic for hotels/apartments in Corfu town so you won't have to worry too much about getting to the port on time. Greek transport runs to 'Greek' time which is slower than UK/USA time lol (great if you're not in a hurry!) most places I'm sure wil accept a 3 day booking. But I have a feeling you are more likely to get a self catering apartment than a B&B. I've never been to Corfu town but I know there is a lot to see there and am planning to go when I'm in Corfu this June. It's warm approx mid to late 20's centigrade. I hope you enjoy wherever you stay.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast/ hotel

Thanks Shutterbugs, I was thinking that it might be best to stay nearer the cruise port, and there seems to be quite a bit to see there. I am thinking perhaps staying there and then allotting a day for the beach if it's nice.

Any B&Bs that people like there? Or a particular hotel?

Many thanks,

Wills

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast/ hotel

Take a look at this Trip Advisor link. The apartments are on a main route into town, but set in their own gardens with a pool. The sea is not far away and you can get to local villages quite easily.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g660483-d6119…

Steve

4. Re: Bed and Breakfast/ hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16