We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Paxos - How to do it

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Paxos - How to do it

In recent weeks I have been investigating the possibility of an overnight stay on Paxos, whilst holidaying in Corfu. Trip now all organised. I have booked hydrofoil tickets Corfu to Paxos 8.15 am on a Monday, returning Paxos to Corfu on a Tuesday 16.15 pm. Booked by telephone in England, paid for on credit card and the tickets will be watiting for me on the hydrofoil Ilida when I get on the hydrofoil in Corfu. Return ticket to be collected in Gaios when we arrive. Accommodation booked for one night through booking.com.

Paxos Thalassa Travel were really helpful answering my questions on Facebook Messenger and gave me the following information about booking. Hydrofoil takes one hour and passenger boat 2 hours.

Hydrofoil ILIDA II & passenger boat ZANADU

Bouas Tours Paxos office: 0030 26620 32401 / 32245

Corfu ticketing office (opposite Café Nautica)

Corfu Tourist Enterprises 0030 26610 49800/80444

You can phone the Paxos office with your dates,

times wanted & they will reserve your tickets for you &

leave them on the boat. ilidaii@ymail.com paxosilida@yahoo.com

https:/…327386150724131

https:/…98189548980

I hope this is useful information should anyone want to do the same trip.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

Nice one mathsboffin, I have advised a few people about this very thing but have been unable to give precise info not having done it myself.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

Hi. I am currently working hard at convincing the husband into a day trip to Paxos. How much is it on the hydrofoil please . thanks

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

The cost of our tickets above are 40 euros per person.

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

It is well worth the trip too and once you go there once you'll get the bug and want to go again and again just like me. Paxos Thalassa travel arrange all our holidays as it takes the stress out of having to do it yourself!

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

Thanks - really looking forward to it now. 10 days to go until we go to Corfu. Hope the ferry all works out ok and we manage to find where we have to collect our return ferry tickets when in Paxos.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

I thought I would update this thread as we have just done our overnight trip to Paxos from Corfu.

We had a great visit. A beautiful island, totally different to Corfu.

All my arrangements went well. Collection of the return Ilida tickets was fine. They are collected at Bouas Travel near the main square in Gaios.

The return hydrofoil was cancelled due to a technical problem with it. A replacement slow ferry did the journey but an hour later than scheduled and an increased journey time of just over 2 hours. Quite a few people were catching flights to the UK that night so they could have had a potential problem.

Hope this thread helps others wanting to do something similar.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 21:25
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

Hi Mathsboffin

Still a great thread, I have used the link to it on other peoples threads many times. I think it's worth being a pinned post, how do we get that done?

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

Yes I have seen you sharing it which is great. Not sure how it gets pinned. Perhaps a moderator can help. Absolutely roasting here on Corfu today.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

Oh I can't wait, just over 3 weeks until Paxos!

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

10. Re: Trip to Paxos - How to do it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 07:16