We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Hi, visiting corfu mid September, looking to hire car from airport for the duration of our stay, prices seem reasonable but we have read about company's adding up to 50euros onto bill if you arrive later than 8pm , as our flight gets in at half 7 pm we are a little worried, has anyone else come agross this added fee? And can anyone recommend a decent firm

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

Hello

My vote goes to Value Plus, Corfu Car rental - the terms and conditions are transparent, no hidden costs, good standard of vehicle, pay on arrival. You do give times on booking, but read on. We arrived several hours late one year at the airport, and as is common sense. Yianni had been keeping an eye on flight arrival information, and was well aware of our delay, taking us past midnight unexpectedly. He was waiting. No extra charge. I have found them a faultless firm, and have used them for a few years http://www.corfucarrentals.com/

T&Cs - always worth a read/comparison with other companies, to make sure they live up to what you need/expect

www.corfucarrentals.com/index.asp?PageID=5

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Thank you for your quick reply, I will try value plus.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Zetacars.gr were excellent.. Cars were superb too and no extras at all

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire

Thank you, il give them a try.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire

No extras at Dromeas in Roda, but I've never heard of this practice before. Where did you hear of it and with whom? Clearly it is not acceptable, but I notice no one else has responded. Maybe it's just a rumour started for commercial gain ...

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Roda
Roda
Corfu, Greece
Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire

If you book via a broker or a larger chain it's true that they add a supplement for out of hours collection. This is not a Corfu specific but commonplace with the larger international firms. As well as the above try Arillas Cars http://www.arillascars.com/ I couldn't recommend them highly enough. You can pick the make of your car rather than 'compact' or 'mini' no hidden fees, no extra insurance or excess fees. Fair fuel policy.

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Arillas
Arillas
Corfu, Greece
Bruges
Level Contributor
92 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire

We have been ripper off. last year by Hertz. This year we stayed in Kontokali and hired a car by a family company. Honest people and a word is a word, also no hidden traps. We were very satisfied!

Mentioned in this post
Kontokali
Kontokali
Corfu, Greece
8. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:15