We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

Veendam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

On 25 August we are going from the Peloponesse to Ithaci. As I read in a previous post there is no direct ferry from Patras to Ithaca.

There is a direct ferry from Kyllini to Ithaca but it is late in the evening (22.00 departure from Kyllini and arrival on Ithaci after midnight). Alternative would be the ferry from Kyllini to Poros (departure 11.15, arrival 13.00). Then go to Sami and take the ferry to Ithaci (departure 14.45). I think this is a realistic alternative. Are there any other alternatives? The week before we are staying near Pilos.

Does anybody know the price of a taxi from Poros to Sami?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,327 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

Hi RJk86,

I don't know of other alternatives, but then I am not a ferry expert!!

For taxi costs, the best I can offer is that it is a similar distance as the one from the airport to Sami and that costs 50-55€.

You also have to consider that the ferry arrives at Piso Aetos on Ithaca. This is just a quay with few if any facilities, no buses and perhaps just a taxi waiting for business. It is a 7km walk over a hill to Vathy, the nearest town.

If your hotel is not arranging a transfer then you will need to book a taxi. See link and taxi numbers are bottom right.

www.ithacagreece.com/Municipal/municipal.html

Where are you going after Ithaca? Returning to Kefalonia? If so, it might make economic sense to hire a car from Poros and return it to the airport. Most companies will allow the car to be taken to Ithaca providing you are bringing it back!

Bob

Veendam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information. From Piso Aetos to our appartment in Vathy we have a transfer arranged by the travel agency. After Ithaca we will be going home. The transfer to the airport on Kefalonia is being organised by the travel agencie.

Rolf

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

Hi,

As far as I can see you have it worked out right.

Poros > Sami taxi at a guess considering the distance would be maybe 40 €.

There maybe a waiting bus at Poros that goes to Argostoli, or one coming across on the ferry. Maybe worth asking whether they go through Sami. Very long shot as I'm pretty sure they take a southerly route. Occasionally island buses do take odd routes.

On a late arrival at Piso Aetos on Ithaki there should be a taxi even at that time, double tarif clicks in after 24:00.

oops that post was not showing, I'm slow, but it seems you actually have no problem it's all being done for you.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 14:00
4. Re: Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 16:35
Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

Hello!

There is aso a direct ferry from Astakos to Ithaka, maybe you could check it also

6. Re: Ferry Kylini - Poros / taxi Poros - Sami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Ithaca