We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs - update

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs - update

Hello everyone:

As far as I can tell the last time there was a query about ATMs in Ithaca was in 2011. Can anyone report on the current situation? We will be visiting the island for the first time next month and wonder if we need to come supplied with enough cash to last a week. Our accommodation will be in Phrikes.

Thanks

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,314 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs - update

Hi,

It seems as though there are two in Vathy { about 20 km away :-( } according to this website

http://www.visa.com/atmlocator/index.jsp#(page:results,params:(query:'Ithace Greece'))

Can you trust it????? Dunno!

Hope this helps

Bob

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs - update

Thanks, travelbob, for the very prompt reply.

It did not occur to me to try one of these ATM locators. However, being of a naturally cynical nature I don't think that I would want to rely on their accuracy. When I return from Ithaca I will update the ATM situation, at least with regard to Frikes and Kioni.

Sydney
Level Contributor
115 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs - update

There is definately one in Vathy. We used it last month. If you are looking at the village square with the water behind you, it is to the left. It was near the bakery. I can't remember what bank it was but it worked. We used it a couple of times.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs - update

There are several in Vathy, but if you are staying in Frikes the nearest ATM is in Stavros by Yanni's taverna. We were last there two weeks ago and used it then.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs - update

it's the bank of greece up the streetleading to nikos taverna

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs - update

We have just returned from Frikes which turned out to be an ideal spot for a chill-out holiday. Exactly what we wanted.

There is indeed an ATM in Stavros. We took a taxi (€7) to the museum in Stavros and afterwards had a leisurely walk (c 30 minutes) back down to Frikes. As it turned out we did not have to avail ourselves of the ATM but one of the other guests at our hotel, the Nostos, went several times and had no problems. So, the next time we visit Frikes we won't have to be so loaded with cash.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATMs - update

Glad you had a good holiday, walking from Stavros to Frikes is fine, much harder going the other way though so good idea to get the taxi!

8. Re: ATMs - update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ithaca