We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where in lefkas

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
where in lefkas

hi hoping to go in june we want to go somewhere that has a nice harbour were at night you can eat and drink and watch the world go by please can you recomend , me and my partner are late forties???

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where in lefkas

I think that you would be best of in Nidri. The harbour at night is a traffic free area with a wide choice of restaurants, any other resort would not have enough of a "world to go by". As you are travelling in June whe resort will still be reasonably quiet.

Look carefully at the hotel descriptions, the beach is situated to the north of the harbour, if you choose a hotel on the south side it could be 800 metres plus from the beach even if it is on the sea front, however hotels down there will be a little bit quieter and of course they will have a pool.

If you take a hotel not on the beach it is likely to be in one of the back streets and again although it may say 200 metres to the centre (or harbour) it could be a lot further to the beach.

Where you decide to stay please make sure that you take time to go out and explore the island, the variety of scenery and little coves and beaches is wonderful, you will miss out if you just stay in the resort.

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where in lefkas

Try Vassiliki in the south. Pretty harbour village where the tavernas are along the waterfront.One wrong step and you're in the water!!!

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where in lefkas

thankyou, i think it will be nidri anyone help which hotel Georges or Bel Air they both look nice???????????

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where in lefkas

Bel Air is on the main road - north side of Nidri - nice pool 200 metres from beach - could be some road noise depending on which room you get - 400 metre walk into the central harbour area.

George Hotel is more central 150-200 metres from central harbour area but 300-400 metres from beach, possibly a bit quieter.

Both hotels have a nice pool area and a good reputation

Hope this helps

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where in lefkas

thankyou for reply we have been looking at the yannis ? do you recommend this one? thankyou

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where in lefkas

Yiannis is on the sea front at the south (quieter part of the resort), it is only a 200 metre walk along the front to the harbour area (relatively traffic free). Again if the beach is important it is 600 metres away (north)

I am not really qualified to comment on the hotel quality as with the others but the reviews on this site seem ok.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where in lefkas

thankyou i think we will go for the yannis , we are coming in june cant wait

8. Re: where in lefkas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:19