We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lefkas -vs- Parga/Skiathos

Rossendale, Lancs
14 posts
Save Topic
Lefkas -vs- Parga/Skiathos

Hi

Been to Parga and Skiathos loads over the past 10 yrs. Went to Parga again this July - as fantastic time as ever. Hoping to scrape enough together for another break late August/early September. Can anyone give me some feedback on how Lefkas compares with Parga/Skiathos, Nidri in particular. Also are there any other spots in Greece that might be worth giving a go?

Love the cosmopilitan vibe of both Parga and Skiathos and the fact that you can find quiet'ish areas to stay (Valtos Beach in Parga, Koukounaries in Skiathos) with easy access to nice town, harbour, tavernas, etc. Definitely don't want anything too loud/crazy - more into a really nice meal, couple of drinks, watching people go by. Not after Brits only/majority type of resort.

Any help really appreciated.

Also would appreciate some feedback on Afentra/Demetra/Sands Hotel - espeically if water problems at the Afentra are now sorted (read last year's comments).

Thanks in advance

Kazbaz

x

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lefkas -vs- Parga/Skiathos

Been to Parga a few times and Skiathos just the once. We are off to Lefkas in 3 weeks so I will let you know how it compares to Parga (my favourite Greek destination). IMHO Skiathos is OK if you like beaches; not a lot to see or do.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lefkas -vs- Parga/Skiathos

Lefkas is quite green-ish island, but not so much as other islands in the area (Kefalonia lets say). Mostly olive groves rather than the wild plantation.

Nidri area reminds Parga somehow. Late August/early September crowds will start to go down, but it is still a touristy resort. On my point of view,Vassiliki is a bit more quiet and original, but not so handy for day trips. Most boat trips depart from Nidri. (A trip around Onasis island Skorpios is a must of course : ))) )

You definately need to hire a car at least for a day and explore the island. Porto Katsiki and Kathisma are locations a bit hard to reach, but are voted among the top beaches in Europe year after year! Inland villages are quite traditional, and I wouldn't miss an evening walk in Lefkas' town pedestrianised zone. 20 minutes away from Nidri there is a small waterfall and a tiny laggon worthing a visit.

"Also are there any other spots in Greece that might be worth giving a go? " Thousands!!! ; )

Rossendale, Lancs
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lefkas -vs- Parga/Skiathos

Thanks - look forward to hearing your thoughts - have a great time!

4. Re: Lefkas -vs- Parga/Skiathos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada