We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lefkada to Meteora

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,812 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Lefkada to Meteora

HI there

I would like to visit Meteora in June next year, and combine this with a beach holiday too, would it be possible to drive from Lefkada to Meteora?, we are planning on a spending a night in the local area of Kalampaka .....I have visited Meteora before, but this was only a brief trip on a day trip from Parga, so would like to spend longer there this time....thank you :-)

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lefkada to Meteora

Because of the relatively new motorway from Ioannina to Thessaloniki, the drive is easily done, I would estimate about 3 and a half hours drive. To stop overnight there is one place a little closer than Kalambaka, can't remember the name offhand but we did go there and stay a couple of years ago.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,812 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lefkada to Meteora

Thank you for the confirmation :-) I can start researching now :-)

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lefkada to Meteora

I think the place Vic's thinking of is Kastraki. It's the closest place to the Meteora, smaller than Kalambaka, but with several places to stay, eat, drink etc. We haven't stayed there ourselves but did stay 2 nights in Kalambaka and spent a whole day exploring the monasteries, and even then we hadn't seen them all.

4. Re: Lefkada to Meteora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 07:19