We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the Greek experience

Harrogate, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for the Greek experience

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Greece for the first time in September for a week. We are in our early to mid 20s and are looking for five star B&B, good food, good bars and beautiful beaches.

We only have a week, so therefore would like a minimal transfer if possible as we are not looking to hire a car - we would need everything in walking distance.

We would like to experience to real Greece and have spotted some great reviews of Paxos - does this fit our requirements?

Any ideas welcome :)

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the Greek experience

Not an easy transfer as you fly to Corfu first, then get a boat to Paxos and then need a transfer to your accommodation.

Beaches are mainly pebbly on Paxos, so if your idea of beautiful beaches is sandy, this may affect your decision.

Not sure about the definition of "real Greece." For some, this means complete isolation and for others it means lazing on the beach at a beach resort. For other it means idyllic scenery and for others it means being in the main town on the island. For me, after years of travelling to Greece, the real Greece is found on an island that doesn't have an airport, like Paxos, Kalymnos, Telendos, Symi but that will be a much longer transfer. Lesbos is quite under developed and more traditional too, and with direct flights but the transfer is quite long c2 hours.

Greece is a beautiful country and many of the islands, even the really touristy ones, have beautiful areas where you can have a lovely week, so don't discount those.

Not sure that I have helped you, but perhaps given you some ideas.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the Greek experience

Hi Suzie

Paxos was my first taste of Greece and I love it, it's a quiet place I think the part you might be looking for if you want a bit of a night life is Gaios, this will cut down your transfer time on the Island too

The beaches are indeed pebbly but it makes them all the better for snorkelling, personally I stay in Lakka, as far as I know there aren't any B&B's there but we enjoy making our own breakfast and lunch.

A lot of the apartments are fairly basic, but we like that. I have seen the following places which you may like. The Purple Apricot Hotel , And this one http://zakspitaki.com/

I think it's the 'Real Greece' in Paxos.

3. Re: Looking for the Greek experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:15