We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

I have just come across these and thinking of booking them for next year. I wondered if anyone has been there or knew anything about them?

Or Thelassa Travel?

Hopeful that we have finally found somewhere near Loggos as it sounds so lovely from all I read on here.

Are there snorkelling opportunities there?

And finally, will we be able to get a taxi easily from the hydrofoil to Loggos?

We are planning to spend a night or two in Corfu before coming to Paxos.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Salford, United...
Level Contributor
592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

Hi India,

I've never stayed or been in Antigone or used Thalassa, but I'm sure others will be along soon.

If you use a travel company, you'll have transfers arranged for you. It's nice to have the convenience, but by the sounds of things, you're finding your own way there independently, so you can probably save yourself a few quid by booking accommodation only. You won't struggle to get a taxi from the ferry port to Loggos. Taxis come to meet every boat. Just speak to one of the drivers. If they're already pre-booked, they'll come back for you. If by some chance there are no taxis, just ask at the cafe and they'll phone one (that applies just about everywhere, by the way). It's not a long journey, and will cost you about Eu10.

There are plenty of snorkelling opportunities. My favourite spots are the north end of Kipiadi beach, and the narrow channel between the bottom of Paxos and Kaltonisi. You'll need to hire a boat to do it, but bloody hell its worth it! It's absolutely fantastic. Anywhere really though, you'll be bound to find some lovely little fishes to swim with.

All best,

Sam.

Mentioned in this post
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

I don't know the Antigoni Apartments, but I do know Thalassa Travel very well and stayed in one of their villas a few years ago. It's a family business with Lefcothea running the travel side, her husband Panos doing the hire boats and their eldest son Yannis looking after the dinghy and kayaks for hire on Levrechio beach during his school holidays. They also operate the trip boat - also called Lefcothea - which you may have heard of doing trips around the island and to Anti Paxos .

Lefcothea couldn't be more helpful and speaks excellent English and I don't think you'd have any problems booking with them. They aren't a package company, so you organise your own flights, but they do organise transfers for you if you require it. Personally, I think it's worth paying the extra to let someone else have the hassle of finding taxis and buying ferry tickets, not to mention knowing what to do if by some rare, but not unknown, chance the hydrofoil gets cancelled due to bad weather!

I've located the apartments on my Bleasdale map (a must-have for anyone who wants to explore Paxos!). If you go onto Google Maps' and find Loggos, then switch to satellite view, if you draw a horizontal line from the promontory at the northern end of Loggos Harbour and look to the left, I'm pretty sure it's the first swimming pool you come to. So it's a bit of a walk down to the village (don't forget torches for night-time returns) but certainly do-able!

Mentioned in this post
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

Too late to edit my last post, but I just thought I'd better add that if you look on Google's map view there doesn't seem to be a direct path down to the village. Don't worry, there is one! It's more of a donkey track in parts, but a much better option than walking all round the road!

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

Of course! Thalassa is Lefcothea and Panos' baby. The name was very familiar, but I couldn't quite place it! Thank you Xenos.

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

I have stayed there. They are in a beautiful postion and the shared pool is fantastic. The apartments themselves are very simple indeed, which we don't mind. It is a 15 minute walk down donkey steps into Loggos, a bit longer back. Loggos is heaven on earth!

It is worth booking the transfer, its very straightforward but for a first timer it takes away a bit of stress.

There is excellent snorkelling at all the little Loggos beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
Bradford-on-Avon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

We are currently staying in an upper apartment at the Antigoni apartments in Loggos! The apartment is lovely - yes, the amenities are fairly basic, but the beds are firm, the bedding is crisp & clean and the towels good. The poolside area is just wonderful and it's so quiet here, day & night. We have a car, but if that's not yr thing, it is literally a 10 minute walk down donkey steps to the centre of Loggos. Bring a torch for night time! Thalassa Travel are marvellous and very attentive. This is the first time we have used them and they are very professional indeed. I would certainly recommend them to look after you. DO come to the Antigoni apartments. You will not regret it. I we'd recommend the Upper 1apartment. Views to die for...

There will be taxis at Gaios meeting the boats , so you'll have no trouble getting to Loggos.

Loggos - almost the best kept secret in Greece

Kate Elston

Bradford on Avon, UK

Mentioned in this post
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
Gaios
Gaios
Paxos, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
7. Re: Antigoni Apartments & Thelassa Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Paxos