We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

I'm coming to Paxos on an Olympic package the week after next, arriving at Corfu airport from Leeds/Bradford at 10 pm. Wondering what the likelihood is of actually getting across to Paxos at that time. Has anyone else come on this flight, and what happened? If it's too late to come across, do Olympic put you up somewhere else? Can live with either eventuality, but would like to be prepared so I know how to pack!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

Hello again :)

You won't get across, they'll put you up in another hotel for the night.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

Yes, I rather suspected that - not the end of the world, maybe better to arrive fresh than in the early hours and then have to unpack etc! Will just have to make sure I pack my nightclothes, toothbrush and mosquito repellent machine at the top of my case. Thanks for the heads up!

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

One of life's most fulfilling pleasures, for me, is the drive from Gaios to Loggos. It's almost worth a night in Corfu in order to be able to see it in daylight! Assuming that you follow the coast road, my top tip would be to sit on the right hand side of the taxi/minibus for the best view, if you can.

When you're out and about exploring, don't worry at all about transport. If you find yourself out of kilter with the bus timetable, it's not the end of the world. Any bar, restaurant, kefenion, or random passing local will be happy to phone a taxi, and being such a small island, there's only so much you can pay for any journey at all.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

Thanks for the tip, Sam, I'll do my best to sit on the right side of the bus! Sure I'll be hopping about on local transport anyway while I'm there, as I'm hoping to do quite a few of the walks from the Sunflower book, which is ready to pack!

5. Re: Transfer following late arrival into Corfu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Paxos
Recent Conversations