We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laganas and Kalamaki

LDN
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Laganas and Kalamaki

Hi,

We're planning to go to Zakynthos this year and are considering which resort to stay in.

We want the nightlife of Laganas but would quite like a relaxing hotel in the daytime so are considering staying in Kalamaki.

Does anyone know how far Kalamaki is from Laganas (resort centre) and how much it would cost in a cab?

Thanks a lot,

Luf

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

Its a good 20-30 min walk and at night its very dangerous as its not lit and the traffic along it go a quite a speed. Last season taxis were between 8-10 euro either way to Laganas. There are hotels in Laganas far enough away from the bars and clubs which are nice and relaxed so if you booked in to one of these you would save at least 16 euro every night for the taxi you would hire and the hotels are within a 5-10 min walking distance to the centre of the resort.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

It's 2½ miles, so about an hours walk. Taxi should be about 6 euro, more after 24:00 I think.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

I've never known the taxis to go up after midnight in the 7 years i've been on the island as all the fares are set fares if you go with the legal taxi firm on the island. Here are the Fares from resort to resort and from airport.

http://www.zantetaxi.gr/en_prices.php

From centre to centre i'd agree its about an hours walk but from when you leave kalamkai till you hit the first bar in Laganas as you come in to the resort its about 30 mins.

LDN
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

Thanks for your help so far.

Can anyone name any quieter hotels in Laganas? If we could stay in one of these I guess it would be ideal.

Hotels in Laganas do seem to be a lot more expensive than those in Kalamaki.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

The prices shown on Zante Taxis website are for 2005 and "suggested only".

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

The Pallas hotel is set back off the main road past the police station about a 5 min walk and 10 mins from main club central. Its a nice clean hotel with pool and quiet surroundings.

www.hotelpallas.co.uk/index_files/tour.html

The taxi prices were the same last year apart from when i went to Laganas it was 1 or 2 euro more if i can remember correctly but i'd had the odd drink by that time, it states "suggested maximum prices".

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

I've visited this hotel a few times and would say its ideal for what your looking for.

derby.
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

hi, we stayed in kostas studios on kalamaki road, about a 5-10 min walk to the main strip, there are a few nice bars on this road and would recommend the kostas, they have a pool and bar and are in kosmar brochure.

Scotland
Level Contributor
662 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

We stayed at the Oscar apartments in Laganas a couple of years ago (late Aug/early Sept). It was a 20 min walk to the start of the strip/retaurants/shops, and a further 15 mins or so to the beach. There was a free mini bus at various times during the day, and a taxi was 5 euros I think. The apartments were very pleasant and you could always get a lounger by the pool at any time of day. It's still listed in direct holidays web site.

10. Re: Laganas and Kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations