We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

CARDIFF
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Can anyone say if there is a Bureau de Exchange in Kalamaki or similar currency exchange places and where is the best rate cos I want to exchange sterling cash.

Cheers

TRASTE

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Hi Traste,

All nearly all the hotels and shops exchange currency and travellers cheques in Kalamaki.

You will have no problem plus the rates are better than the UK.

Ian

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
CARDIFF
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Hi Ian,

You say the rates are better than the UK but approx what is the rate. I know back here with Barclays Bank it is E1.20. Also mid June do you know if there is a problem with mozzies.

Cheers

TRASTE

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,818 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Just been in to Zakynthos town this morning and it was 1.23, Kalamaki's highest is also 1.23 at Cavo Doro Hotel in old Kalamaki area also Sofias supermarket on the main road usually have the highest rate in the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos Town
Zakynthos Town
Zakynthos, Greece
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
CARDIFF
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Hi Kev,

Can you tell me if there is much of a mozzie problem mid June as I'll be over on the 12th and we don't have much of a problem in Cardiff.

Cheers

TRASTE

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Hi

The mozzies are usually out in force mid june and often feels they are only attacking me! Joking aside use a good repellant on yourself and then spray the room as you go out for the evening. Have found since air conditioning that I rarely get bitten at night now which is a blessing.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,818 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Anywhere that has alot of flowers, bushes and trees atract mozzies more than any other area, so you can actually find places with less mozzies than others but i myself have never found it a big problem, it all depends on skin type and person if mozzies are attracted to you, some people rarely get bitten others get bitten to death.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

Regarding the Mozzies, you can get Bens 100% deet from Lloyds chemist. Its a little orange box/bottle. We used it in Kenya and didn't get bit once, even though the safari lodges were swarming in the little critters. Don't worry about it being a small bottle as a little goes a very long way.

Air conditioning really works too as they don't like the cold.

Good luck.

8. Re: Bureau de Exchange Kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:18