We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Zante

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Zante

Hi

I am planning to go to Zante sometime this summer with a new boyfriend but we are wondering where is the best place to stay? We would like a romantic holiday with places to see, lots of restaurants and some nice bars. We don't want to be somewhere really 'touristy' but don't want to be in the middle of no where either! Picky I know...but I want this to be a great holiday!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!! :-D

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Zante

I'd say either Kalamaki or Alykes from what you describe.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Zante

Kalamaki would seem to suit your ideals or if you fancy somewhere a little quieter with a handful of bars and tavernas then Vasillikos, it is further away from the the main stream resorts but if you are out exploring the island it would be a nice area to wind up the day. As for places to see would recommend car hire for two or three days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Zante

Have you considered renting a villa with private pool???

Recently visited the Aresti Mountain Resort (5 beautiful villas) and the prices from the UK are reasonable.

From there by car you could easily access the Smuggler's Cave, the bay of Porto Limnionas which has a lovely restaurant just above the water and all the North West part of the island which is has a breathtaking scenery.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Zante

Villas are a great idea but these may be a bit to far out the way and would need a car or taxi which is extra costs also you wouldn't want to drink drive after visiting a resort at night where as if you were to stay within a resort you can either stay on the edge where its quieter and just talk a short walk in to centre.

Quiet resorts :- Aghios Sostis, Vassilikos

Relaxing resorts :- Kalamaki, Alykes/Alykanas, Argassi(bad beach)

Lively resort :- Laganas

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Zante

Thanks for all your information.

I love the idea of a villa but it's abit out of the price range and I prefer the idea of having a few drinks within walking distance of the resort.

Can anyone recommend any hotels/resorts in these areas?

*Kalamaki

*Alykes/Alykanas

My friend stayed at the President Apartments in Alykanas and thought it was a lovely!

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Zante

President Apartments in Alykanas? Never heard of them, do you mind telling me where these are. I've been to Alykanas many times and there is a wide range of accommodation available, find something you like the look of in your price range and I'm sure someone will be able to advise you further.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Zante

Yep that's what she said...unless she's got the name wrong!! Apparently in Alykanas..or close to Alykanas!

Ok I will start having a look around at accommodation and see what I can find.

Thanks! :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Zante

Hi again

Villas are indeed located in secluded areas and not close to clubs of bars or even restaurants. So this is a good reason. But as far as costs are concerned honestly prices are really good and you can have a look at the www.arestimountainresort.gr I have been there and is wonderful. You can contact Dimitris and Fenia (owners) at info@arestimountainresort.gr and depending on the dates you will go I am sure they will offer you the best.

Zante is a wonderful island with unique beauties. Enjoy your selves wherever you go.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Zante

Have a look at Kafelonia its in a different league altogether

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Zante

Kalamaki is great, a couple of minutes to Laganas by taxi if you want night life.

Right then hotels in Kalamki;

in no particular order.

Dias, a small family run block of apartments with a great taverna, is got a pool and a bar the owner's family and staff are really nice and will look after you (its like staying with family).

Venus, I would say this is the upper end of the market this hotel comes highly recommended by everybody that stays there.

There's other great hotels like the Meandros and Cristal Beach. I don't really think there are any bad ones though one or two are a little trek away from the beach.

Have a look at a few and get back, I'm sure Kev or Caz will help.

Kefelonia is very nice but I wouldn't class it in a different league, but its horses for course's I suppose

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations