We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Leeds
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport

Just checking our tickets and see that it is necessary to check in one hour before flight time (return flight). However, an additional item states that departures from the island go from the older part of the airport and it is necessary to check in 3 hours beforehand to enable the queues to be dealt with. Which would you recommend? - Arrive, presumably with organised coach travel provided by the tour operator 3 hours before flight time, or make our own way to the airport, to arrive one hour before? Any thoughts/advice welcome! We are staying in Tsilivi.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

it sounds like your tickets are using old text as the new departures has been open for a while now. If you are going with a tour op find out what time they arrive at the airport and then decide if you want to use their transport or a taxi. Sometimes an hour is just not enough if its a busy flight day as there are often queues. We tend to get there a couple of hours before.

Leeds
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

Thanks for that! I guess it won't make that much difference - it's just the thought of standing around outside for a few hours that isn't very appealing - or does the new departure area let you queue inside? Thanks for your help.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

We went independent this year.We flew with Thompson's so on the day prior to travel I went to the nearest Thompson hotel and looked at the board.

It tells you what time they are picking up, then on the day of departure we got in a taxi about 10 mins before the stated pick up time.

On arrival at the airport we were more or less at the front of the queue. About 20 minutes later the place was packed out. It was quite handy, there was plenty of time to go to the duty free shop and we also got seats in the departure lounge.

With the new terminal you queue inside, far far better.

England
Level Contributor
527 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

DEFINATELY leave more than an hour. Last time I went we arrived 3 hours before (ahead of the tour ops and we were first to check in) about half an hour later all the coaches arried and the place was packed. I honestly think if you arrive an hour beforehand you may not actually get on the flight. I have known flights to close early there quite a bit.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport

Are you flying with Thomas Cook? If so, looks like they're STILL giving out duff info!

6. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos