We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private taxi transfers booked...

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Private taxi transfers booked...

Have booked a taxi transfer through Thomsons to our hotel from the airport...never done this before so not sure on how they identify us?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

I'm guessing they will be holding up a sign with your name, so you can identify them :-)

Or, if you've given them your mobile phone number, they'll call you and let you know where they are.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

what is the cost?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

You approach the rep after you pick up your luggage and she guides you to your taxi. I think. Booking through the tour operator is seriously expensive up to four times the actual cost.

There are plenty of taxi's outside the airport all the time the airport is open.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

Thanks for your replies....can't remember what the cost as we booked it all together with the hotel etc...not long now..

essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

i've also got taxi transfer by Thomas Cook, this was included in the price, we are staying at Kalithea apartments, which i believe is old Alykanas, so maybe not suitable for a coach???

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

it always much cheaper to just arrive and get a taxi yourself and there are always plenty there on arrival days with the taxi rank being just outside the arrival doors and they know where ever your staying..

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

I'll remember for that next time...cases all packed and ready to go...

8. Re: Private taxi transfers booked...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 06:18