We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with resort

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with resort

Have just posted in Agios Sostis but there were only 3 posts so posting again here. Has Agios Sostis got bicycle hire, quad bikes or any kareoke (one will do) also any detached villas within 400 metres of everything? We are not very mobile due to health reasons.

Also, what about Alykes? Or any small place. Was going to Tsvili then Kalamaki but couldnt find villa near everything

To sum up, bicycle hire, quad bike, bit kareoke and a villa near everything, any resort. Please help, been searching computer for days and have developed tendonitus (honest!.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with resort

Villas are generally not that close to the centre of resorts which is probably why you are not finding what you would like. There are some nice ones around Ag Sostis but you would need transport if walking in is a problem. Ag Sos has quad hire but not sure about bicycles. If you prefer to be in the centre of a resort then an apartment might be the way to go.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with resort

Kaz is right. I don't know of any villas that are within a close distance to any resort they always seem to need car hire if someone was going to stay there or taxis. A few bars have closed in Aghios Sostis and now mainly restaurants but you may find karaoke at a hotel bar and yes they hire out Quad, scooters and bicycles.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,966 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with resort

If you have trouble walking then it really is an apartment you need in a resort like kalamaki tsilivi or argassi.kalimaki is a bit spread out but i have just been looking at apartments in kalamaki.they look like they have been refurbed and are now open.i think they are called oceanic margarita and are on the old road by all of the bars,restaurants with the main strip new road a couple of minutes away.The added bonus is the beach is 200 yards away.This could be a great place to stay.

whatever you decide have a great time

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with resort

kalamaki is a well spread out resort and quite flat. There are some places near to the beach that although called villas are more apartments

zanteresorts.com/zakynthos_kalamaki_tasos_vi…

and I had forgotten about these zanteresorts.com/zakynthos_kalamaki_villa_ge…

peterborough
Level Contributor
976 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with resort

If you are used to a villa with own pool etc you might be a tad disappointed if you went for a basic apartment.

My friend is in Cyprus at the moment and some of the photos that are coming back of the villa are fantastic.. it wouldn't be for us though as we like the atmosphere of a hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with resort

Well have given up on the villa. Need help with picking hotel or apartments etc. as you say, nearer to everything. Would like one within 300 metres walking distance of shops, tavernas etc. and hopefully the beach, but the main thing is that the place we stay at is quiet at night. I suffer already with insomnia so this is really important. I dont mind which resort, either Tsvili, Kalamaki, Agios Sostis or Alykes Alykanas. Have never been to Zante before but have got to know it quite well now from the computer!

It is proving really difficult finding accommodation but I am determined that I want to see Zante. Time is running out, date my daughter has booked holiday is 16th September till 2nd October!

Please help again

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with resort

When you do find somewhere ask for a room away from the front of the hotel as these are often quieter. For instance we stay at the Venus and their rooms to the rear of the hotel are generally quieter. If you are not too mobile then let the hotel know as you won't want to be climbing lots of stairs. Again the Venus is good for the less mobile as there is a ramp to the second floor so stairs are avoided. Most hotelss will be able to offer something to assist you but you will need to contact them before you arrive. The Ionian Blue apartments look nice and friends who stay there have no complaints. Both are easily accessible to the resort centre but just far enough away to avoid road noise. Can't comment on the other resorts as we are Kalamaki fans. Hope you find somewhere soon.

8. Re: Help with resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos