We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from the airport to Alykes?

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
428 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from the airport to Alykes?

Hi there, how far is it from the Airport to Alykes? We are arriving Sunday 22 August and I'm wondering whether to get a taxi to the resort rather than the travel company transfer. Any thoughts?

Cheers, S.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

It's a little above 20 km, and maybe half an hour.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
428 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

Thanks for this - good to know it's not too far and shouldn't take long. I didn't think to check when I booked although I usualy try to avoid long transfers.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

Taxi from outside arrivals is 25 euro each way if you're in a hurry, plenty of them there too. If your coach drops off in Tsilivi on the way you could be on it for a good while !!!!

Edited: 18 August 2010, 17:07
Sheffield England
Level Contributor
428 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

Thanks Mondeo1. We're not in a hurry as such - but do want to get by the pool bar asap!!

What is the airport like for arrivals? Do they process bags quite quickly or might we be waiting around an empty baggage carosel for a while? lol

Still looking forward to being on Zante - our first time and I'm sure we'll have a ball.

Ta. S.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

Airport is very small, arriving is much quicker than departing as departures get very congested during peak changeover days. Although the airport is reasonably new it could have been built larger it only has just a couple of baggage carousels. But on saying that it is used mainly seasonal May > October.

Edited: 18 August 2010, 22:54
London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

If the coach goes via Tsilivi it can take over an hour to get to Alykanas/Alykes a journey that would take around 20 minutes if going direct. It may be worth asking the airport rep if going direct to Alykes or maybe how many drop offs before your hotel. A taxi would cost around 25 euros.

7. Re: Distance from the airport to Alykes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:11
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos