We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Hi my husband and I are staying in Zakynthos Town in the summer. Can anyone recommend what and where the best gyros places are..... Thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Most of the larger restaurants will do Gyros pork or chicken, Try Spartikos on the port road they are very good.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Thanks. We have been to many greek islands and have found some good grill houses where you can sit in or take away. Is there anywhere like this? We wanted a grill house more than a restaurant.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

There is a few but they are at the back of the town not near the main tourist area KoKo Fresh is a grill house and the best in town only ever seen the locals in it when i've eaten there.

Edited: 08 February 2011, 15:24
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Thats the sort of place, all the places we have been to have been like that. We are probably staying at the strada marina. Is it far?

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Its difficult to direct from there but here goes. So if you go to the main shopping street (Alexander Roma) Walk away from St. Marco Square up Alexander Roma till you come to a fork in the road with a dried up fountian in the middle, take the right fork walk up the street right to the very end where there is a set of traffic lights and KoKo Fresh is on the left hand side before the lights. About 15-20 min walk.

Edited: 08 February 2011, 18:15
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Thank you very much. My husband loves good gyros, so I am sure he will make the effort to find the place.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

I also know where they do a lovely goats head if he fancies trying something really traditional.

Edited: 09 February 2011, 12:03
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Are you serious? That may be a little too traditional lol!!

Seriously, any other places that do good traditional greek food we would be happy to hear about. We wont have a car but happy to use buses or taxis.

When we were in Zakynthos last time a few years ago, I remember a lovely place think it was called the Green Boat?

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

I always class traditional tavernas as places that only have dishes of the day maybe 5 or 6 and the waiter will tell you what they are, the others with menus i class as restaurants.

Yeah Green Boat is on the very last road out of town towards Tsilivi.

And yeah serious about the goats head and i've eaten lambs testicles & intestines stuffed with feta

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Best Gyros - Zakynthos Town!

Hi again.

It is the traditional tavernas that we are interested in with a few specials! We have loved trying different things and its great when you get a small choice of freshly made food, but I think perhaps the testicles and goats head may be a bit much for us! LOL

If you can recommend anywhere to us that offers a few daily specials I would be very interested to know.

Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos