We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strategic airways

england
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
strategic airways

anyone flown with strategic airways?????????????

Formby
Level Contributor
93 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: strategic airways

I presume that you have booked through Olympic Holidays? They are having a nightmare in Greece so far this season as visitors drop rapidly. I think that you should have been flying Monarch but Olympic Holidays lost the contract and fell back onto Strategic Airways. I think that they only have two planes in the UK so how they are going to fulfill their holidays I have no idea. I wouldn't be put off too much though as a plane is a plane and if I remember rightly they have an Airbus 320 so they can't be that bad as they are quite new. If you take a look at this website it has lots of recent reviews about Olympic Holidays and Strategic Airways.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2011/02/10/36072/olympic+holidays+secures+airline+for+summer+flights.html

Graham

Edited: 20 June 2011, 22:14
Formby
Level Contributor
93 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: strategic airways

www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2011/02/10/36072/olympic+holidays+secures+airline+for+summer+flights.html

Edited: 20 June 2011, 22:16
england
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: strategic airways

thanks for info still dont know if to cancel and re book with another airline as ive been told they never fly on time, could be 1, 2, 3, 4, hr delay or even longer, trouble is ive paid in full so dont know how i stand claimimg money back. does anyone know???????? worry worry worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: strategic airways

Only 2 planes...Well I saw one on the tarmac at Manchester airport last week and a scruffy looking thing it was too!!

Ofcourse that doesn't mean anything about it's flight worthyness but I wasn't impressed. :O(

england
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: strategic airways

oh my god dont know what to do, are they reliable and safe??????????

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: strategic airways

i had email off thomas cooke saying our outbound flight too zante is Astraeus Airlines has anyone heard off them thanks ??

Edited: 21 June 2011, 21:12
slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: strategic airways

Hi

Looks like they are an airline which rents their planes out, just been on their website.

http://www.flyastraeus.com/

At least Thomas Cook told you about the change, we went to Zante last year and flew Thomas Cook there. Coming home, got on the coach from the terminal to the plane and pulled up at some random plane which was Aurelia air. There were a lot of confused faces and it become apparant that Thomas Cook had leased the plane for the season, it was a lithuanian airline. I did not like this at all, I have a fear of flying and dont like things like that to change. It was quite old inside but got us home ok!

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: strategic airways

thanks for that faith29 im really annoyed with thomas cook be last time book with them after other problems weve had with them but appreciate ur reply xx

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: strategic airways

I am sure they will be a good airline as thomson have also leased one for the season and bmi have used them. When do you go to zante? We dont go until september, I am getting impatient and want to go now!

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: strategic airways

Thats ok then ,if others use them must be ok ,going on 14th august cant wait either

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos