We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort recommendations for my family

Kent
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Resort recommendations for my family

Hello

I need some recomendations for our family holiday next year. We haven't been to Zante before and are looking for some good self catering apartments for familys, got to be near lots of nice bars or restaurants and brilliant beach.

We are going with our children and grandchildren, one of whom is autistic, so need nice safe accomodation, but reasonable.

My first searc found Alykanas?

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

Alykanas is a lovely resort, lots of restaurants and some lovely bars. The beach is lovely, the water is shallow to quite far out. There is also alykes a 20 minute walk away. Only thing is I dont think there is much there to keep children entertained. I think the alykanas village and beach hotel cater more for families. I have stayed at the letsos which is a great location but does not get great reviews. Also stayed at the elpida which I really liked which is at the other end of the resort. Hope this helps.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

In Alykanas, Ionnis and Danny's Hotel is a nice clean hotel, it can be found in the Thomas Cook/Manos brochure. No real entertainment for kids though, just a small playground.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

We all want to promote our favourite resorts and yes alykanas is good but i think where children are concerned tsilivi probably has the best facilities.There is also a great beach and lots of bars and restaurants.My favourite resort is argassi,but not a great beach and a little limited for kids entertainment.Take a look at tsilivi,it may suit.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

Got to agree with Pete, Tsilivi is the most "family friendly" resort on Zante, with probably the biggest choice of the type of accomodation that would suit your needs. Alykanas always seems very quiet to me when we've visited.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

I would also strongly recommend Kalamaki. The beach is great ans the sea is gently shelving so good for smaller children also. Plenty of bars in Kalamaki. The Oceanic chill out bar is my favorite on Zante. Look up restaurants and the Oceanic is listed (it is a fantastic place to chill out but it is a BAR). Kev the owner and host is top class. Tavernas such as Michaelos, Zepos, Georgia, Mermaid and many many more are ideal - look some of these up you won't be disappointed. Wherever you choose Zakynthos will deliver - just avoid Laganas, especially in July/August unless you want a very rowdy holiday. Enjoy.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

Kalamaki again has a great beach but not much for kids to do.Oceanic bar is a great chill out bar but a game of connect 4 is not going to keep kids amused for long.As said Tsilivi should be looked at before making your choice.

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

I actually agree with zante pete as put in my review I love alykanas but dont think there is much for children. When my son gets a bit older I will probably tear myself away from alykanas and stay in tsillivi.

Kent
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

Thanks for your replies! Its so good to get a rundown on places before booking. Holidays are so important, we dont want to get it wrong.

My grand children(4 in total) range from 7 down to 3 so I think they will be happy with the beach and the swimming pools for entertainment

We like nice restaurants, stunning scenery and beaches, sounds like Zante has it all.

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

Wherever you decide on I dont think you will be disappointed. Hope you enjoy zante as much as I do.

10. Re: Resort recommendations for my family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 00:19