We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Any advice where I can get a Greek sim card before I turn up in April that will work in Zante etc? Any advice welcome

Regards

Leon

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

There would be no point in getting a Greek SIM card before you arrive in Greece, but I don't believe it's possible, anyway. You can get one at the airport when you arrive: any Greek SIM card should work anywhere in Greece.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Thank you! :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

You're welcome! There's a Germanos store where you can get all the phone/computer/etc. things you need. It used to be simpler - it was on the ground floor just where you come into the airport from the plane. Now I think it's on the first floor , in departures - but it will be easy to find - there's only one!

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Now you have to give your passport details to register a greek sim. Go to vodafone in Zante town and get your sim, i've used Voda now for 7 years.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Oh dear - I'm behind the times! Thank you, Kevin - as I live here, and I only visit Britain for a few days every other year, I don't have to bother with swapping SIM cards over, as I used to do. I thought leon might need the card as soon as he arrives, otherwise it makes sense to get it in Zante. I've always used Vodaphone, too.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

It only came in last year. Before that you could buy a sim from the supermarket but now all sims have to be registered.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Unfortunately now you cannot get to the Germanos store unless you are departing Greece. Last year we tried....ended up going to a Germanos store in central Athens.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Oh dear! Thank you for that, Mitsa - clearly I'm not qualified to offer information on this topic! But it seems a crazy way round, to me - surely not many people are going to be buying equipment etc. when they're LEAVING Greece?!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

Ill get one somewhere :-)

10. Re: Greek Sim Cards - Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:41