We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Limnionas day trip

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Porto Limnionas day trip

Hi,

We;re thinking of doing a day trip in the car here, coming from Kalamaki. Is a day a bit long here? We like relaxing and sunbathing but cant do it ALL day - get bored after a few hours. Say we spent 3 hours or so here are there any other places of interest to stop in that area?

Any suggestions and tips most welcome.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

Porto Roxa is about 1 mile south and Kampi about 3 miles north and Shipwreck bay is about 10 miles north.

…whitcombe.org.uk/gallery2/v/zak/Limnionas/

Phil

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

If i could get to this cove more often i would, its beautiful. There is a nice restaurant there to have just a drink or eat a full meal. You can have a walk around that area and explore so its not just a place to sun bathe.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

Think I'm right in saying it's a bit of a scary road to get to it....don't like heights myself so sadly a bit of a no no :-(.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

No its easy. No roads with cliff drops. Head up to Ag Leon on the main road, then as you enter the village watch out for the signs and you turn off to the left. Another couple of miles on a narrow road but no drops.

Phil

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

You may be mixing it up with porto vromi, now thats a steep road. It is a little dodgy if you come in or go out from porto lim on the southern road but its only a stretch of about 400m so your past it in seconds.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

The road to Porto Vromi is very steep but has some stunning views to take the edge off the OMG moments :) I'm always happy to get to the bottom!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

My mistake people....my horizons have opened! Thank you :-).

Was indeed mixing it up with Porto Vromi.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 19:55
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

I've just done a google image search and both porto roxa and porto vromi look very beautiful. So would you suggest doing all three in a day trip?

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

We almost got stuck in Porto Vromi when our hire car took exception to going back up the hill, I had the smell of burning clutch in my nostrils for the rest of the day, lol.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Porto Limnionas day trip

We spent a morning trundling up to the north of the island, cut across to Porto Vromi and then ended up at Kampi Cross for a late lunch so its more than possible to do all three if you are on that side of the island for the day.

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations