We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

Hi, I'd like to buy a lilo to use in the sea and by the pool- just a couple of questions

- are lilos permitted at the Venus hotel?

- how safe is it to use lilos in the sea- is the much current? (I know to be sensible keep your wits etc)

- is it easy enough to buy a lilo in kalamaki as we will not be able to bring from home due to luggage restriction? How much does a lilo cost?

Many thanks :0)

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

You can pick up a lilo in the supermarket across the road from the venus and I think under 10 euros depending on which one you go for. Generally its ok to use a lilo in the Venus and many of us do. Down at the beach the water is shallow for a long way out so unless there is a storm when it whips up a bit its perfect for floating around.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

As Kaz say there easily available. Having bought loads over the years for my daughter I would recommend paying a little extra for the heavier gauge plastic better quality ones as they last longer. We always leave them behind or give them away so others can use them.

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
174 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

First thing I do on arrival at Venus is off to the supermarket over the road!

Buy a couple of Zante towels and a Lilo.

Can't wait!

peterborough
Level Contributor
976 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

The Lilos are blown up ready, but do give them a good squeeze to make sure they are 'road worthy' we bought an expensive one once that promptly went down the minute we got it back from the supermarket over the road to the Venus...approx 5 minutes..took it back but they said we had damaged it, so we get ours from the shop up the road now :)

Edited: 04 May 2013, 09:49
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

Thanks very much... I think I will go for a cheapy as I wont be taking it home with me.....

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

I'm a cheap skate. I just use somebody else's at whatever pool I go to as there are usually quite a few laying around.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

I did wonder about doing that but I dont know what they would have to say if I toddled off to the beach with someone else's lilo! But you would think that if a lot of people left them behind after their holiday then there should be a lot of unowned lilos SOMEWHERE.... just waiting to be owned?

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

I have a reputation with one of the guests at the Venus, our holidays seem to overlap by a couple of days and she often donates her lilo for me to use when she leaves. When we go down to the pool on our first day she can be heard saying watch out for your lilos Kaz is here!!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

There was a nice system at the Kamara Beach Hotel in Argassi last year. If you wanted people not to use your inflatable you kept it by your sunbed and took it to your room and put it on your balcony but any left by the cold showers by the pool were considered communal and your kids could just go get one and put it back when finished and anyone who was leaving tended to leave them there.

This did however lead to a pretty rapid build up so George, the barman/poolman/cook/everythingman had to perform a cull every couple of days.

peterborough
Level Contributor
976 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chilling out on a lilo.... Questions

There are always some communal ones left at the Venus, I like to have my own as I lay on it all day on the sun bed when not in the pool.

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos