We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North of the island

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
North of the island

Hi,

wondered if anyone can advise, want to see the north of the island; villages, beaches etc. But don't fancy driving along that mountain road/cliff. Staying in alykes, renting 150cc quad, can anyone tell me an alternative route, I know the island quite well so naming villages and towns to go through would be ideal.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: North of the island

Visit Navagio beach. It is the sight of an actual shipwreck, but has crystal clear waters. Mind you, though, you have to leave the car at the nearest port, and then hire a boat to take you there, since there is no access by road….

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: North of the island

Been to navagio, this is my fourth time coming to the island In June, but want to travel around the north of the island via quad and see the great beaches and views there!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: North of the island

I wouldn't call the coast road scary. Some parts are hilly & narrow but that's true of most of the roads on Zante. Providing you've got a vehicle powerful enough for the hills (not a 50cc quad etc) you'll be fine. There are some scarier roads in the UK! I find the main road up the centre of the island quite boring in places, whereas with the coast road you'll see more & have more choice of places to pull in.

P.S. Although there's a few beaches & small coves etc they're not really wide sandy beaches.

Edited: 22 April 2014, 17:12
Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: North of the island

Sylvles is right i always go the coast road and am fine driving.Only thing is the locals think your mad for going so slow even if your doiny sixty they will fly past you.So really very safe for driving.

15. Re: North of the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations