We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kalamaki or argassi

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
kalamaki or argassi

Hi hope to visit zakynthos in September. Have been to tsilivi and loved it. Would like to try another area, maybe kalamaki or argassi. Not too busy but not too quiet either, near nice beach and most Greek village feel to it. Good Traditional Greek food.. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kalamaki or argassi

Argassi does not have the beach that Kalamaki has but past the bridge in the sea its ok.Both resorts have superb restaurants.What Argassi has got going for it is its very compact and everthing close.Kalamaki for me is fairlly spread out and a walk is needed from some hotels to the beach and the strip.Argassi also is the closest resort to the best beaches at Vasilikos.And also is only a half hour walk into Zante town.Both resorts have there good points but Argassi for me simply because of how compact it is suits me.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kalamaki or argassi

Better add to thiis like Tsilivi, Argassi and Kalamaki could not be described as having a Greek village feel to them.

UK
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kalamaki or argassi

+1 to Petes comments.

Kalamaki has too many empty areas for me. Everywhere seems like a long walking distance, its just too spread out. Its ok if you want to base yourself in a particular area but that defeats the object really.

Argassi is much more compact but without being overcrowded.

None of the main resorts on Zante could be described as trsditional villages any longer.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kalamaki or argassi

Great thanks for all your replies, been very helpful. Argassi it is then, thanks again

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kalamaki or argassi

Good points raised about both resorts. Argassi having no real beach and it has suffered more from the invasion of Eastern European all inclusives. It's Kalamaki for us. Why not use street veiw on google and go for a wander around each resort and see for yourself.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kalamaki or argassi

Contrary to popular belief Argassi does have a beach, it may not be a vast expanse of white sand but it's perfectly adequate and as zantepete says to the left of the old bridge it is quite pleasant.

https:/…set-72157627401424337

Level Contributor
123 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kalamaki or argassi

If you go on YouTube there are tours of each of the resorts been put up recently. It was 'just Zante' who added them and you can see exactly what it's like from being in a car.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kalamaki or argassi

Thank you so much I will check it all out. Appreciate your help.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kalamaki or argassi

If you want Greek try Vassilikos. You would need a car though. Also the best beaches on the island.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 23:03
Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kalamaki or argassi

As Dr Cheese shows there is a beach in Argassi and this year there is even more sand than previous years.