We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zakynthos

London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
zakynthos

I want to have a villa holiday with my wife & two teenage kids in zakynthos.

Looking for nice beaches, decent local food and activites such as watersports for the kids and me.

We will be getting a car to get around so being away from the general hubub wont be a problem.

I dont fancy anyplace where people over 30 years old wear football shirts if we can avoid it.

Went to cephalonia last year and loved it, so hoping zakynthos will be as good.

Any reccomendations would be really appreciated.

Greenliam

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
264 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zakynthos

Having been to both Islands my one recommendation would be don't go to Zante, you will only be dissapointed.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zakynthos

I don't think ali baba's comment was all that helpful.

Zakynthos has something for everyone. Yes the resort of Laganas has the football shirt wearing free shot with every drink culture.

However Vassilikos is absolutely lovely, some fantastic Villa's and great beaches. Its quiet and unspoilt. There's the water sport center at St Nicholas Beach. Its got every thing you want.

Drop oceanic-kevin a PM, he's the island expert. He's spends all of the summer on the Island has has done for the last few year's.

Ian

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zakynthos

Vasillikos is the nearest resort to the main watersports beach St. Nicholas, its a lovely little resort no big bars, a few tavernas, and there are Villas in this resort for rent.

Ali Baba has stated his opinion but unless they've stayed in every resort on the island i think it would be wrong to make such a comment.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zakynthos

Hi there, i also having been to the beautiful island of Zakynthos 4 times agree with everything that the last two posters said,go you will love and want to go back again,have a great holiday.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zakynthos

it's a lovely island,enough said

UK
Level Contributor
584 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zakynthos

Thomsons do some lovely villas in Kefalonia near old skala called Paleo Skala villas - we stayed at Villa Helona last year which is a 3 bed.

have a look at www.villahelona.com for some lovely photos.

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: zakynthos

I've been going to Greece for over 25 years now, and stayed in Alikanas 5 years ago. We won't be returning.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zakynthos

At the end of the day its all a matter of opinion. Some people have been visiting the same resorts on the island for over 15 years every year also just because one person didn't like the resort they're in doesn't mean the island is a bad place to holiday, there 8 main resorts on the island then there are a few smaller places to stay also private apt/studios towards the north and west for rent.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zakynthos

Like the previous post, what suits one does not another, ive been to tsilivi in zante and didnt like, personally i think kafelonia is in a different league all together.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: zakynthos

We love Zante and there are resorts to suit many tastes, you just need to do some in depth research to see if there is anything that suits you.

Vasillikos is lovely and perfect for watersports, beaches and a peaceful holiday. There's great sightseeing and some of the most beautiful views. There are places I wouldn't stay on zante but thats also true of Cephalonia, which is also one of our favourite islands.

There are a couple on this site in vasillikos which look really nice

http://www.sunisle.co.uk/