We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalithea September

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Kalithea September

Hi,

I have booked a holiday to the Country Inn hotel Kalithea from 1st September to 15th September. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the weather would be like this time of year? Also can any one recommend places to visit etc? This is our first time to Halkidiki, having visited many greek islands over the past ten years.

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Central Macedonia, Greece
Isle of Thanet
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalithea September

Kalithea is one of the busier towns/resorts in Kassandra.

It has a good beach and facilities.

September is generally a litttle quiter than the high season but the weather should be good.

Not sure if this is much help.

Mentioned in this post
Kassandra
Kassandra
Halkidiki Region, Greece
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalithea September

Thanks for that. We had been told by friends that September wasn't the best time to visit this part of Greece weather wise. We just wanted somewhere to relax in a quiet place & enjoy nice beaches,greek food & sunshine!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalithea September

hi.

last year's september was marvellous.plenty of sunshine and warm waters.the area does not have something very interesting but very nice beaches with very clear waters.

mossley
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalithea September

Hi,i have just returned from a holiday at the Country Inn Kalithea. You are in for a treat,it was one of the best hotels ive ever stayed in.The owner ,George and his staff were so welcoming and friendly we hardly wanted to go out of the hotel.It was very quiet in Kalithea as it was only the second week of the season,but i would recommend visiting Afitos.It is a 20 min stroll from the hotel and is a very typical Greek village with loads of tavernas and restaurants where you can sample the seafood and local ouzo overlooking the sea.We also caught a bus into Pefkochori(3 euros)where the beaches are gorgeous and bars and restaurants are lined up ,all with sea views.I cant comment on the clubs in Kalithea as they hadnt yet opened and im a little bit old for them,but the barman Nickos in our hotel assured me, the Ahoy club in Kalithea and the bars in Hanioti are the places to be seen in. (all in easy reach by bus or taxi)He will tell you all the best places to go ,and even took us out with him after the bar closed.I dont know about the weather in Sept,but we had 2 weeks of glorious sunshine ,althought it did get cold at night.As you can see ,i could go on all night but i am sure you will not be dissapointed.Have a brill holiday. Julie.

Mentioned in this post
Afitos
Afitos
Kassandra, Greece
Hanioti
Hanioti
Kassandra, Greece
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalithea September

Hi many thanks for your responses - we cannot wait to go now, counting down the weeks!!!! Ali & Gary

6. Re: Kalithea September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 22:18