We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amouliani

somerset
4 posts
Save Topic
amouliani

Does anyone know what the island of Amouliani is like? We are thinking of doing a week at the Sani Beach Club and then exploring the area independently for a week. Does anyone know if there is a nice hotel there, or on the other peninsula next to Kassandra? Would be grateful for any tips on good places to visit or stay around there. Also anyone who has stayed at the Sani beach Club do they give you rooms next to eachother if you have kids in a separate room, because tour operators say they can't guarantee it and I am worried about my kids being put on the other side of the hotel to us!

thanks for any advice.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amouliani

hi.

sani beach club hotel is a very beautiful bungalow style hotel.it has been very recently renovated and it became even better than before.by sending a direct e-mail to them you can ask for your request.they usually try their best to please their customers.amouliani island isn't something special :few tavern and cafes, one hotel and some rooms to let.probably a dull place and definatelly very dissapointing place to be especially after sani resort.it is a place more for low budget couples and university students.it is nice though to visit it for a day trip for swimming and lunch by boat-there is a small harbour near ouranoupolis village with regular transportation to and from the island.

sithonia is the second part of halkidiki (next to kassandra where sani resort is).it is quiter, more green and has some fantastic beaches.in sithonia you can try to stay in www.portocarras.gr. there are two hotels that have everything you could possibly need and you can use it as a base.

another solution is to skip sithonia and go directly to athos the third part of halkidiki where ouranoupolis village is located (i mentioned it above).there the village of ouranoupolis is very picturesque and there is also a byzantine tower.there a nice place to stay is www.eaglespalace.gr-this hotel organizes tours by boat around mount athos area(where all the monasteries are located).in general halkidiki does not have much to see in terms of museums etc just beach holidays and scenic areas.

i hope i gave you some ideas that you would find helpful.

somerset
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: amouliani

Thank you very much. You have given me so much more information than my guide book! I will check out the hotels that you mentioned on the web. We are travelling with 3 kids so beaches are what we are looking for!

3. Re: amouliani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region
Recent Conversations