We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sani or not?

MAZZYAUDS
Level Contributor
225 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sani or not?

Hi, my husand and I are looking to visit Halkidiki in late June/early July for a week. I've never been to Greece before but my husband has visited nearly all the islands as a child. I really like the look of the Sani resorts but I can't make my mind up which is for us?

We're in our mid-twenties and like to be able to have a stroll in the evenings along the seafront, perhaps looking in some shops and stopping for a drink or two along the way. I prefer just B&B or self-catering but I can see this isn't really an option with the sani resorts. We're both vegetarian so wherever we go we'd like a good choice.

Am I right in thinking that Sani is some sort of village and includes a few hotels? I've read that you can eat at any of the hotels and actually the restaurants are in the marina area, is this true?

I don't mind children so I'm not too fussed about family resorts either. If anyone can shed any light on any of my queries then I'd be really grateful. I'm probably being incredibly stupid about it all but it's still a good forum to raise the questions in:-)

Thanks in advance

England
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sani or not?

Your description of Sani is spot on. Sani is a purpose built resort with 4 and 5 star hotels, a lovely marina and a handful of shops. Nightlife seems to be based around the hotels and the bars bordering the marina. Some love it and speak very highly of Sani but in my opion you could be anywhere in Europe as there is nothing particularly Greek about it. I'd recommend you hire a car to explore the area where will find more traditional villages and some lovely beaches. Unless you particularly want a luxury resort I would also look at some of the villages on the other side of the peninsula such as Afitos, Polichrono, Hanioti or Pefkohori or even consider Sithonia (the middle "finger") which is really pretty and unspoilt.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sani or not?

hi.

sani resort is in my opinion the best place for holidays in halkidiki.

it consist of 5 hotels: 1.sani beach hotel -large building type beautiful but rather crowded, the rooms are not particularly large and in generally don't recommend it. 2. porto sani village (my favourite)-it is all suite hotel with two private beaches, 3. sani club hotel -it is located on sani hill 15 min walk from the main resort cmplex, it is a nice hotel but mostly for families, 4. marina suites which are locatd in marina area (belong t porto sani village) very noisy place to stay, 5. asterias suites which supposed to be the most luxurious but there is not much difference from porto sani in ters of facilities (porto sani is less epensive also).

the resort has it all.greek taverns, gourmet restaurants, pizza restaurant,bars (nothing wild), cafes, sports and spa centers, tennis and other sports grounds, clean beaches etc.

we go there since 2000 every year and we will continue to go in the future.

i believe it is a very good choice for holidays.

if you want more information for something specific concerning the resort

don't hesitate to ask.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sani or not?

I wouldn't say it was village like. It is a purpose built complex all owned by the same person. Even the restaurants are part of the same set up. It is fine but as has been said you could be anywhere. We stayed in Porto Sani Village Suites and the accommodation and the food was of a very high quality. We were bed and breakfast but it was very difficult to find good food at the restaurants. I am vegetarian too and really could only find good food in the hotel itself or at the Italian restaurant. There is a path to walk along between the various hotels but it is not like being in a real village or town where people actually live.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sani or not?

hi again.

yes, the most certain thing about the resort is that it seems like a village but it is only for tourists, it is far too pretty and luxurious than a real small town or any village in halkidiki.

if you are after relaxed and luxurious holidays this is the place for you otherwise look somewhere else and not particularly in halkidiki where most villages are nothing special.

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sani or not?

I Stayed at the Sani club last year and loved it, but it is very very geared up for families, which was great as i took my 5yr old granddaughter.

But truthfully as a couple i would avoid this hotel, and as for the sani hotel, i would definitely give it a miss. But you may find one of the other hotels to your liking. If i was taking my granddaughter away again i would go back to the club in a heart beat.

there is a independent Greek restaurant in the Marina that we ate at regularly, it is not part of the Sani resort, i think it was called Vosporos Grill House ,

Where ever you deiced have a great time,

Regards Denise,;_)

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sani or not?

Sorry, just noticed you are vegetarians, so may be Vosporos Grill is not for you, but you called always check out there menu <

Regards,

Denise :-)

7. Re: Sani or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region