We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

party time in Halkidiki

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Topic
party time in Halkidiki

Him

me and a girl friend friend are going to Halkidiki in a few weeks (mid June). We like the peace and culture of Greek islands but are new to Halkidiki, We are late 20's/early 30's and like to relax during the day and party at night - bars, food and maybe some clubs.

Of course we are looking for great beaches and ideally a nice fishing village environment with harbour etc - you get the idea, classic greek fishing village that come alive and really parties at night.

We want avoid the modern or ultra quiet places.

Also as close to Thessaloniki as possible to minimise transfer time, we are only staying 4 nights - short trip, so we need to get it right.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: party time in Halkidiki

Stay in Afitos, party in Kallithea. Or stay in Kallithea and forget about the fishing village and harbour environment.

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: party time in Halkidiki

...and there's always Thessaloniki right :-)

London
Level Contributor
735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: party time in Halkidiki

I say try Hanioti or Pefkohori, they are further down the peninsula so a longer transfer but kind of offer both sides of what you are looking for.

There aren;t really fishing villages or harbours on the Kassandra peninsula but Pefkohori is a Greek village with a lovely promenade, a great long beach and a selection of lively bars and one club. Hanioti is a bit more touristy but has a lively square at night.

If you want full-on clubbing then Kalithea is the place to be (although it is not very 'villagey'), but for a more laid back buzzy atmosphere then have a look at Hanioti or Pefkohori.

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
769 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: party time in Halkidiki

I would personally suggest Sithonia. By far the most beautiful beaches in Halkidiki, and probably some of the best in Greece!

There are many villages to choose from, some very busy, others not that busy. You could choose between Neos Marmaras (busy town with lots to do,very nice beaches around the area ), Parthenonas (traditional village, great view, very close to Neos Marmaras - 5km-), Nikiti (less busy, but very nice beaches around too), Sarti (busier that Nikiti, great beaches here too, but a little bit far), Toroni (very relaxed, great beaches, not too many things to do) etc...

Regards,

Yannis.

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: party time in Halkidiki

what about neo marmaris, that looks pretty good and also looks god on google maps. The write ups say there are clubs that stay open very late and it looks lkle a larger town, with car hire etc.

What the transfer time from Thessaloniki by taxi or is it better by bus.

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
769 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: party time in Halkidiki

Hi there again...

The transfer time from Thessaloniki to Neos Marmaras by bus is around 2 hrs, but the buses are usually pretty good with A/C, and there is lots of nice scenery on the way. The ticket is around 8--10 Euro per person. The taxi would take you there in around an hour and 20mins and that fare would be around 80-100 Euro . You know the advantages of the one and the other, so it'd be up to you to choose the way to get there. There are also lots of shops to rent cars from as well in Neos Marmaras.

The night life is ok as well. There will be things to do.

If you want more details, send me a personal message, I'd be happy to help you , as I am from this area, and have spent a big part of my life in there.

Friendly Regards,

Yannis.

7. Re: party time in Halkidiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:17