We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halkidiki with a kid

Sofia
Destination Expert
for Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
524 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Halkidiki with a kid

Hi there!

We are planing to spend a week in Halkidiki with our 2-years-old son in the first half of Sep. We are looking for some quiet place, a decent hotel with sea view (not luxury but clean), near a nice sandy beach. More space / garden and playground is also needed. HB would be OK, price range per room - not more than EUR 70-80,-

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
803 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halkidiki with a kid

There are so many places in Halkidiki with the description you gave.

I am personally in love with Sithonia, the second peninsula of Halkidiki, so I would suggest Sithonia for you as well. There are plenty of villages to visit and sightseeing to do in there. Regarding the beaches of Sithonia, I think that I do not need to say much about them. The photos speak of themselves, so if you google for pictures of Sithonia beaches, you will get an idea.

Regarding Sithonia, some of the nice places that you could stay are : Nikiti, Neos Marmaras, Parthenonas village, Toroni, Sarti, Sykia, Vourvourou, Porto Koufo.

Regards,

Yannis

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
28 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halkidiki with a kid

We had gone to Toroni twice with young kids - I loved it because the sand is a tad bit grainier than normal so doesn't stick everywhere, a mother's dream!!! The beach was lovely and there are plenty of rooms for rent. Make sure you bring insect repellent, just in case (you can usually buy Autan stick in the markets and Fenistil roll-on antihistamine in all the pharmacies in case bites start to itch). Today we just had lunch in Sarti after taking a drive around Sithonia - nothing fancy, but looked good for kids, a couple of playgrounds, nice beach with Blue Flag status. Stavros Taverna on the beach was very good, excellent fish and very reasonable prices. Have a great time!

Sofia
Destination Expert
for Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halkidiki with a kid

Thank's a lot both of you!

Could you recommend a hotel which is near the sea at reasonable price?

Regards!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
28 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halkidiki with a kid

unfortunately, i don't know any under 100 euros for a three-bed room - but take a look through the postings, and bookings.com (i've used both non-stop during these summer holidays) - search Kassandra, Halkidiki, Toroni, Sarti...

5. Re: Halkidiki with a kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region
Recent Conversations