We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Air

West Mids
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic Air

Looking at booking a holiday to Hanioti with Travel Republic.

The cheapest deal they have is flying out with 'Olympic Air'.

Can anyone tell me if they have flow with them before and if they are OK/ reliable. We flew to the same airport before but used BA

Are they part of the same group as Olympic Holidays ???

When I looked on their website, I couldnt get much information.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic Air

Hey Doodlies:-) Olympic Air is fine..it's the 'old OA' under new management when Old OA chaptered! Have fun..and EnjoY!

England
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic Air

I've flown Olympic before and they were fine. In fact I'm flying with them to Halkidiki this summer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic Air

Olympic Air are fine. They are one of the major Greek airlines. They are nothing to do with Olympic Holidays, the latter being a UK tour operator.

Litsa, FYI the new OA is a completely different company to the old OA that went bust. New management, new staff, new planes, new routes. The only thing that remains the same is the livery and name.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic Air

Are super fine.....both local airlines Olympic Air and Aegean are multi awarded, and they have excelent service....still both making the domestic routes and some peripheral routes to Europe and Midle East.....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic Air

Hey Doodlies:-)

Nothin to worry, Olympic Air is fine, on time, new planes et al.

Olympic Airways (the old one) was a bit like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhtCR6AAwes

njoy :)))

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic Air

ROFLMAO;-)))) Thank you Athineos for bringing this back up to the forefront ..I remember it was posted here a couple of years ago and laughed till I cried..still do;-)) Wish they'd bring back the old JFK/ATH route ~ sigh ~ how I loved that flight! ENjOyin'!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic Air

ehehehe, a pleasure Litsa.

I just couldnt resist postin it :))

"you want service with a smile? Go to harrods!"

ahahahaha

ps. i also miss that flight..

Edited: 24 January 2011, 20:36
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olympic Air

...whoever wrote that/schemed it up is genius;-)) Obvioulsy lived the life on OA...played it twice already....and still can't stop LOLOL!!!! Enjoyin'

Edited: 24 January 2011, 20:59
England
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Olympic Air

We heard yesterday Olympic have cancelled all flights from London to Thessaloniki from the end of March. (Something to do with the failed merger with Agean). My friend called them and they confirmed this and said they would be notifying everyone by email. They re-booked us on a BA flight for the same day at no extra cost. If you have booked and haven't heard anything yet it's worth calling Olympic and getting your flights transferred before any alternative airlines get booked up, especially if like us you are travelling in the peak period.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Olympic Air

First time I've seen that video ,thanks!

Another quote I believe is " Trust in God and take it easy"

Also flights to Athens from Heathrow have been cancelled from the end of March. Olympic have pulled out from most to their north Europe destinations.

A shame it was a very comfortable airline.

Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region
Recent Conversations