We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

Peterborough...
2 posts
Save Topic
Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

Hello,

We wish to book a holiday at Porto Sani Village in Halkidiki and are a bit overwhelmed by all the various operators. Who is cheapest? Who have other people booked with and how much did it cost?

We're thinking of going either this May or next May (2012) and there we are a family of four (two young children) so want a suite.

Any advice or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

hi.

posto sani village is simply fantastic.

in may the weather is rather unpredictable for beach/sun/swim holidays in halkidiki (where porto sani located).the sea water not to menion the pool water are freezing cold and the weather temperatures are pleasant but not so for hanging around with swimsuits more than an hour or two during the day. the weather usually tend to be great for such holidays at the end of may begining of june.

unfortunatelly i can't help you with an agent/tour operator cause we always book direct with the hotel.

definatelly it is a great resort and the most family friendly.in my opinion it worths the extra money.

the only tips i can give you is that you can book a suite with garden view they have the bast price compaire to the pool view suites and they are exactly the same plus more peaceful.

there is a mini market 1 min. on foot where you can shop water, refresments , icecreams etc which can save you a lot of money in comparison to mini bar or beach bar prices.

Peterborough...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

Thanks so much for replying. We'll go for right at the end of May, then, I think, probably for my husband's birthday.

Anyone else got any thoughts on who best to book with? Or is booking with the hotel direct the best bet?

Thanks again,

Laura

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

I too have been investigating this resort - we are going beginning of September. It is quite £££ but by far the cheapest operator I have found is Olympic - they seemed to be about £500 cheaper for the package we wanted than everyone else.

If you find anyone else cheaper - do let me know as we have not booked yet - I am expecting a baby in 5 weeks and we just need to wait till baby has a name and birth date!!!

Grimsby, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

Hi. You have me worried now! I have booked for may 23rd and was hoping for sun and to be able to swim!!! How many times have you visited at this time of year to base your gloomy predictions on?

England
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

Don't worry. I was in Halkidiki from 23rd May for a week last year and we had lovely weather. High 20s to low 30s all week. It was definitely sunbathing and swimming weather although the sea was a bit nippy as it tends to warm up as the summer goes on. The weather can always be a bit unpredictable early and late in the season - we had the odd cloudy afternoon towards the end of the week followed by rain one evening but it was still warm and it cleared up quickly. The advantage of going early in the season is the beaches are quieter, the sea is much clearer and the flowers are all out so it really is a nice time to visit. I'm visiting again this year from 18th May.

Leamington Spa...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

Hi,

We went to Sani for a week in May last year (2010) and only had one day of rain - the rest of the time was lovely, not too hot. The pools and sea were a bit chilly, but you can't expect too much at what is basically the start of the season.

We went with travelrepublic, who were the best price by a long way. Whoever you book with, check the cost of transfers or car hire, as that could make all the difference. If you book directly with Sani for 5 nights or more you do get free transfers. Another way to bring the costs down is to go through quidco and get cashback on your bookings.

Sani is fantastic for small children, as I say we went last year with a 2 and nearly-4 year old. The creche/fun club is great as well.

In fact we enjoyed it so much, we're going again this year in October for my wife's 40th birthday. Let's hope the weather lasts!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

hi.

i did not want to put you off but as the previous posters already mentioned the weather is unpredictable during may but pleasant in general terms.

sani resort is located in a rather windy area so at this time of year the wind tends cool a bit more the temperature which is not particularly high in may.

for example last may the weather was summer like from the middle of the month till the end and during june who someone can assume that would be even warmer at least last year june was colder than may!

sani is so perfect so i'm sure you are going to have a great time despite the weather.

8. Re: Porto Sani Village - cheapest/best operator to book with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region
Recent Conversations