We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beginning of June weather

London, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beginning of June weather

Hi,

What type of weather can we expect the first week of June?

Any chance of rain?

Also what sort of temperature.

Many thanks

England
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beginning of June weather

The weather in Halkidiki can be unpredictable. I was there at the end of May last year and we had great weather but the week before was pretty poor. At the moment the weather is not very good with showers and struggling to hit 20 but the forecast suggests it will improve and reach mid to high 20s in the next 10 days (I hope so as I'm going on the 18th May!) You should get some warm weather but there's always a chance of a cloudy day or rain but it usually clears up quite quickly. Good luck!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
803 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beginning of June weather

Just like Judy suggested, the most chances are in favour of you getting beautiful days. June can "give birth" to some quick storms or rains, but when it does, it doesn't take longer than a day or two maximum, and that's definitely not the rule. This would be the exception.

Enjoy your holidays, and don't worry about the weather. It is the last thing you can actually deal with! :-)

Regards,

Yannis.

London, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beginning of June weather

Hi, thanks for that.

Can I ask, if we went in August would the weather be sun, sun, sun then and the temperature ............... many thanks

London
Level Contributor
760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beginning of June weather

Yes, August is pretty much guaranteed scorchio, but really, who knows with the weather nowadays!

But if I were you, unless you like crowds, I would avoid August. It gets very busy and noisy.

We have a house in Pefkohori and always go late June / early July and late Aug / early Sept to avoid the crowds but get fairly guaranteed good weather and still lots going on....

Chester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beginning of June weather

im too going from 6th june onwards, looking at the temperatures on the go2halkadiki websites its looking all good to me. ive been in the past few years back to hanoti and pekfohori and if the weather wasnt too good in morning it was certainly good by midday till late afternoon. enough hours to sunbathe away and get a tan. fingers crossed its good for us all when we go out there. have a good one

England
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beginning of June weather

I'm in Pefkohori now and it's baking! Been in the sea today and although a bit cold when you first venture in it's fine for swimming. If it continues (as expected) you'll have plenty of opportunity for sunbathing and swimming. Nights can be a bit nippy and a cradi or light jacket a good idea. Enjoy!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
803 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beginning of June weather

The weather has been beautiful indeed the past few days. My parents that live in Sithonia told me that there are already people at the beach sunbathing and swimming!

8. Re: Beginning of June weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region
Recent Conversations