We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sani Excursions

London
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sani Excursions

Hi all, my partner and I are visitng Sani for a week from the 26th May and whilst we're quite happy indulging in what the resort has to offer, we would like to escape on a couple of trips outside the resort. The Beach Club has sent us details of the excursions they offer but they're all private tours with nothing under 350 euro!! I'd like to visit Thessaloniki and maybe Sithonia. Does the resort have cheaper options? Although we haven't booked through the likes of Thomson or Sovereign, do they run trips and could we get on one of theirs? Would like to hear what others have done. Hiring a car isn't an option for us.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sani
Sani
Kassandra, Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Sithonia
Sithonia
Halkidiki Region, Greece
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
839 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sani Excursions

One option to get a small taste of sithonia is to get on the bus from Sani and go to Nea Moudania, and then get a bus from there to a town of Sithonia such as Nikiti, Neos Marmaras, Sarti, Vourvourou etc.

Moreover, as far as I remember, there are boats from Pefkohori and Kallithea that take you on a daily cruise to Neos Marmaras, which should be nice for a change.

The options for places to visit would be a lot more by hiring a car, but these are definitely two ideas that will help you go around a little bit.

Regards,

Yannis.

Mentioned in this post
Sani
Sani
Kassandra, Greece
Nea Moudania
Nea Moudania
Halkidiki Region, Greece
Sithonia
Sithonia
Halkidiki Region, Greece
Nikiti
Nikiti
Sithonia, Greece
Neos Marmaras
Neos Marmaras
Sithonia, Greece
Sarti
Sarti
Sithonia, Greece
Vourvourou
Vourvourou
Sithonia, Greece
Pefkohori
Pefkohori
Kassandra, Greece
Kallithea
Kallithea
Kassandra, Greece
Thessaloníki...
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sani Excursions

Try to visit Petralona caves.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sani Excursions

I agree with Sotiris,

you should visit Petralona, the Archaeologic Museum and the Cave that the first man's skeleton was discovered. Archaeologists first said that he was around 50.000 years old only!!! but then after more tests, they started to raise a bit... to 100.000 years, 200.000 years and now they found out that the first man was around 800.000 years old, plus there are more discoveries there, animal skeletons and ancient tools, 3-5 million years old!

It will be a great trip there, i can guarantee!

Edited: 25 May 2012, 10:27
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
839 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sani Excursions

That is true, I do agree with the before mentioned and I did forget to mention it. Petralona Caves is a nice visit and when it'll probably be hot outside, you will enjoy also a sense of coolness inside the caves! :-)

Thessaloníki...
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sani Excursions

Thank you flatexpert for the detailed explanations. I just didnt have the time for a proper reply.

Thessaloníki...
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sani Excursions

and the website www.petralona-cave.gr/index.php?lang=en

7. Re: Sani Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:16